Survival rate

dman

I was wondering, suppose you have everything perfectly set up, lighting, food and supplementation, water and humidity , is there still a big chance that a baby chameleon would get sick? assuming he's age is 3months, what is his estimated survival rate?

If he is set up properly, has plant bases covered, no substrate, correct water, food, lighting and humidity, I would say his chances are good. I don't know the kind of chameleon or where you are located. If you provide that info, you can get a more informed answer.

Not to be a downer, but everything in life is a risk. Leaving your house in the morning is a risk. But thru proper preparation, anything is possible. Remember with chams: proactive NOT reactive. Do that, and you stand to enjoy a great relationship with your little dude or gal. Keep reading everything you can, even if it sounds that could never happen to you. Be prepared with extra funds for a vet visit. Be vigilant in your care. Remember they can't tell you there is a problem. Now ignore me being a pessimist, and take your shot at some fun. They really are unique.

Thank you guys for the reply, i was just planning on getting a veiled chameleon. Im from a place in the philippines where its much cooler, humidity is pretty high, temperature is 67 to 80. Ive been in the health section of the forum for about a month now, just reading old posts, and cant help but worry.

In my experience helping others I think people fail in one (or unfortunately, sometimes two) of two ways:

1. They didn't start off with a healthy animal; they got their pet from a pet store or cheap dealer who sold them a weak, sick, or too-little baby.

2. They didn't set up everything properly from the beginning, at least the most vital things like lighting, water, and food.

But if people start off with a healthy individual and have a cage set up well then usually things will go smoothly.

In my experience helping others I think people fail in one (or unfortunately, sometimes two) of two ways:

1. They didn't start off with a healthy animal; they got their pet from a pet store or cheap dealer who sold them a weak, sick, or too-little baby.

2. They didn't set up everything properly from the beginning, at least the most vital things like lighting, water, and food.

But if people start off with a healthy individual and have a cage set up well then usually things will go smoothly.

10000000% agreed

Thats very helpful! Most of the health issues ive read here in the forum, happens to what you stated in number 1. Thanks again for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom