SURPRISE - new face in the pasture

little leaf

Avid Member
this is Pony, a Haflinger mare, who my daughter was showing and taking to fair this yr, she belongs to some friends, well, Em kept telling them the mare was getting milk, and they told her she was NOT preg/ - guess Emily was right - lol

Last edited:
it is said..by the Native Americans a Medicine Hat horse is believed to have a magical ability to protect its rider from injury or death in battle
see how her ears are colored , like a "hat" - she also has 2 blue eyes :)

The colt is adorable, but it sucks that Emily does not have a horse to show this year. All that time, work and money down the drain because the owners did not know she was breed. Poor Emily.

What a very cute little surprise! It's always nice to be right:D
So who is the dad?

the fence climbing stallion next door- :p

The colt is adorable, but it sucks that Emily does not have a horse to show this year. All that time, work and money down the drain because the owners did not know she was breed. Poor Emily.

yeah, I know- I am not sure what we are going to do now - :confused: HOPEFULLY , by the time fair gets here, Pony will not be so obsessed about having the foal under her nose- she can start light riding in a few weeks, but only in the pasture, and she will have to keep it short so the foal does not get tired- the whole situation has me irritated - Em has put a lot of time into getting that mare ready for the shows this summer- but, like I always say, things happen for reasons, and she will make the best of it :) I think Emmy is already thinking halter class with the little filly ;)

They're both beautiful!!!!! I'm guessing the "traveling man" was a pinto also!!!! I love paints and Appaloosas!!!!

Not a huge horse fan (more of a pony person), but these are just beautiful! I have always liked painted horses, and these two are fine examples!

this is Pony, a Haflinger mare, who my daughter was showing and taking to fair this yr, she belongs to some friends, well, Em kept telling them the mare was getting milk, and they told her she was NOT preg/ - guess Emily was right - lol

Reminds me of a neighbor who has some larger pony breed...Fjord maybe. I think the man's clueless about livestock (a pair of Highland cattle, the ponies, poultry, etc). Not only did he miss the mare's first pregnancy until she lost the foal, but he missed the second...until she went into labor. He thought she was just fat. The cow was always a skeleton IMHO. When I asked about her he said "well the bull keeps her from feeding no matter what I do". Had to bite my tongue not to yell "IT'S CALLED A FENCE YOU FOOL!". Then he'd wonder out loud why she never had a calf...how about starvation and malnutrition? Did he ever get a vet out to check any of his stock? Well, no...what's a vet? If the family dogs get seriously hurt or sick his "vet" is a firearm.

Sorry, off soapbox...

Back
Top Bottom