Surprise baby Jacksons

CharlieRae

My female has had 4 babies that I can find. She passed 5 yellow globs. Im assuming unfertilized ova.
I moved the babies to a 20 gallon tall empty tank I have. I have ordered separate mesh enclosures. Do they need a heat source over night? We keep our house around 63° at night. Do I use a fogger on them like I do my adult female?
I also had my husband grab fruit fly cultures from the petstore & the culture food is moldy! Is it ok to feed the flies? Or should I toss it?

My female has had 4 babies that I can find. She passed 5 yellow globs. Im assuming unfertilized ova.
I moved the babies to a 20 gallon tall empty tank I have. I have ordered separate mesh enclosures. Do they need a heat source over night? We keep our house around 63° at night. Do I use a fogger on them like I do my adult female?
I also had my husband grab fruit fly cultures from the petstore & the culture food is moldy! Is it ok to feed the flies? Or should I toss it?
No they don´t need heat at night. They do fine at 17 celcius.

Yes, that is what they were
Do they need a heat source over night? We keep our house around 63° at night. Do I use a fogger on them like I do my adult female?
No basking bulb or heat light day or night. Your UVB should provide enough heat for the first few months. If your daytime temperatures run below 72 F then a 40 watt basking bulb set high off of the cage will do. They are susceptible to over heating and dehydration. Fogging is a good idea. My baby cages sit on a shelf below the adults and the fog rolls down from those cages into theirs.
I would buy ff medium and make a new culture with the adults from the moldy one. I wouldn't feed from the moldy culture. Be careful not to transfer the mold.

Here are some links you will want to check out and the Chameleon Academy has more baby care info. I will be happy to answer any more specific questions you have.

Yes, that is what they were

No basking bulb or heat light day or night. Your UVB should provide enough heat for the first few months. If your daytime temperatures run below 72 F then a 40 watt basking bulb set high off of the cage will do. They are susceptible to over heating and dehydration. Fogging is a good idea. My baby cages sit on a shelf below the adults and the fog rolls down from those cages into theirs.

I would buy ff medium and make a new culture with the adults from the moldy one. I wouldn't feed from the moldy culture. Be careful not to transfer the mold.

Here are some links you will want to check out and the Chameleon Academy has more baby care info. I will be happy to answer any more specific questions you have.
I listened to the podcast twice. LMAO. It was insanely helpful. So what I did with the fruit flies is dumped them into a plastic container without any of the medium from the jar I bought. And I put fruit in there I'm not going to feed them to the babies, I'm hoping they will breed. But I also went back to the pet store and they refunded my money on The Moldy 1 & gave me a new one that was not moldy for free. So I fed those fruit flies this morning and the four babies started eating immediately

Back
Top Bottom