Surprise Babies!

brncsfns5621

Hi All,

My son came home yesterday at 11am and found that his Jackson Chameleon had babies... 9 of them! Needless to say we were a little (ie EXTREMELY) surprised! I have been researching on how to take care of these little guys, but still have some questions as I am getting mixed information.

We removed the babies immediately, and they are now being housed in a separate screened enclosure. I read that they were very temperature sensitive and were to be kept at 68-76 degrees. The enclosure is at 73 right now. I have noticed that a couple of the babies are active and have crawled to different locations in the cage, but a couple of them have not moved at all. I have checked and they are all still alive, but extremely lethargic. Is the cage to cold? I have a 5.0 13w UVB and a 60w Daylight Blue bulb on them on top of a 30" cage.

I have misted them a couple of times, but have not seen any of them drink and we got the flightless fruit flies, but have not attempted a feeding yet. That was another question I had... how do I feed them? I read they are not very good hunters this little so how do I get the food to them?

We have only had the mom for about 2 months, and she is our first chameleon... and now we have babies! I want to make sure I am taking care of them correctly.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom