Supplementing a 9 Month Old Panther Chameleon

pascalsmomma

Hello All!

I have a 9 MO Panther Chameleon named Pascal. I have heard conflicting advise on how to supplement him.
I have been giving him Repticalcuim without D3 three time a week and Reptical with D3 once a week. The breeder said that giving him multivitamins is unnecessary. Please let me know your opinion on how I should supplement him. Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1385 (2).jpg
    IMG_1385 (2).jpg
    458 KB · Views: 78
For years I have dusted the insects lightly just before they are fed to the chameleon with a phosphorus-free calcium powder at almost every feeding because the usual feeder insects always have a poor ratio of calcium to phosphorus to make up for it.
I dust lightly twice a month with a phosphorus-free calcium/D3 poweder to ensure that they get some D3 without overdosing it and leaving it to produce the rest of it's D3 from it's exposure to the UVB light. D3 from supplements can lead to overdoses and health issues while D3 from exposure to the UVB light won't as long as the chameleon can move in and out of the light at will.
I dust lightly twice a month with a vitamin powder (no D3) that contains a beta carotene proFormed source of vitamin A. PrOformed sources won't build up like prEformed (retinol, retinol, animal sources) do so it's safe. However it leaves it up to you to decide whether/if your chameleon needs any prEformed vitamin A.
I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom