Supper Time

Likbor

Snapped a few of Bruce feeding the other day :)

2071.jpg

2072.jpg

He was so not impressed that I caught that on film :D
2077.jpg

3021-1.jpg

He's getting so big! He's about 6-7 months old now.
3030.jpg

nice pictures. I am a little concerned about the weight of your cham.... he seems a bit thin. How much do you feed him each day?

nice pictures. I am a little concerned about the weight of your cham.... he seems a bit thin. How much do you feed him each day?

He gets about 6-8 in the morning and probably about the same at night, hunts effectively and eats them quickly. We've tried feeding more of a variety but he won't touch it. Should we really be feeding more than 15 crickets a day? He can eat the big ones no problem, lately all the store has had are little/mid sized ones so he's been getting a bit more.
We got him at about 3 inches big in November.

You say you feed him again at night. Chams shouldn't be fed to near to lights out as they need the heat from their basking bulbs to be able to digest their food properly. Do you ever find undigested/partially digested food items in his poop?

You say you feed him again at night. Chams shouldn't be fed to near to lights out as they need the heat from their basking bulbs to be able to digest their food properly. Do you ever find undigested/partially digested food items in his poop?

I've never noticed that. Sorry, when I said "at night" I actually meant after work, so around 5. Lights out is 10.

Oh and the crickets are gut loaded with oranges, greens (usually spinach) and cricket powder. Dusted with Multi vitamin 2x a week, Calcium 4x, and calcium D3 1x. We also put a calcium supplement in his water 2-3x a week (which he doesn't mind) to make sure he's getting enough.

Thats still prob a little late i would just put them all in in the morning. You only need multivitamin once or twice a month not a week. Just dust with calcium almsot everyday during the week and then pick a day and alternate multivitamin and calcium with D3 every other week. But othere than that great pictures

Don't feed the crickets spinach, it prevents the body from absorbing calcium. use the multivitamin twice a month not twice a week. I wouldn't worry about the calcium in the water. if you dust a couple of crickets at each meal that are coated well with dust, you'll be fine. Try seeing if he'll have feed. dust 3-4 crickets and hand feed them so you know he actually gets the dusted crickets. then dump the rest in. Up until about maybe 12 months of age he should be fed almost as much as he'll eat. when they are young they need calcium intake and as much food as possible lol. I would try cup feeding him so he isn't bothered by wandering crickets all day.

how long are your lights on? you said till 10pm... do you turn them on at 10am?

Don't feed the crickets spinach, it prevents the body from absorbing calcium. use the multivitamin twice a month not twice a week. I wouldn't worry about the calcium in the water. if you dust a couple of crickets at each meal that are coated well with dust, you'll be fine. Try seeing if he'll have feed. dust 3-4 crickets and hand feed them so you know he actually gets the dusted crickets. then dump the rest in. Up until about maybe 12 months of age he should be fed almost as much as he'll eat. when they are young they need calcium intake and as much food as possible lol. I would try cup feeding him so he isn't bothered by wandering crickets all day.

how long are your lights on? you said till 10pm... do you turn them on at 10am?

Didn't know that about spinach, good thing they've been on mostly oranges and feed lately. He WILL NOT hand or cup feed. We've tried and tried but he just won't do it. We've tried holding the cup and leaving the cup in there...but I'm not too worried about it as he makes quick work them when they're free range, he really seems to enjoy hunting. So we SHOULD be feeding more than 15 full size crickets a day? That seems like a lot, I thought that we were over feeding him, honestly. I believe he's on a 12 or 13 hour cycle.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Back
Top Bottom