Superworms - what to do when they're too big to feed

LoosePin15

Like the title says, I have a bunch of superworms (350+) that are too big to feed my juvenile veiled and I'm not sure what to do with them now. I'd rather not start another project, so pupating is out. Any suggestions?

You could give them to someone that lives close to you or maybe trade them for another feeder or smaller supers.

You could give them to someone that lives close to you or maybe trade them for another feeder or smaller supers.

Great idea, thanks Jann!

Wish I had some smaller ones to give you! I live close enough to you I could trade you!

Chief, if you're gonna be in the Germantown area anytime soon, let me know and you can have them, no trade needed. I honestly don't want them to go to waste and I would hate to ship them in this heat. PM me and let me know.

If the giveaway doesn't work out- superworms live for a loooong time (A year or more). Long enough that your chameleon should have plenty of time to "catch up" to them and be able to eat them. As long as they are kept together they will not pupate.

Of course, then you have to feed them and care for them for a few months while you wait for your chameleon to grow...

Great idea, thanks Jann!

Chief, if you're gonna be in the Germantown area anytime soon, let me know and you can have them, no trade needed. I honestly don't want them to go to waste and I would hate to ship them in this heat. PM me and let me know.

Thanks ! If I come down to the Memphis area I will totally take you up on that offer !

If the giveaway doesn't work out- superworms live for a loooong time (A year or more). Long enough that your chameleon should have plenty of time to "catch up" to them and be able to eat them. As long as they are kept together they will not pupate.

Of course, then you have to feed them and care for them for a few months while you wait for your chameleon to grow...

That's great news. I was thinking they'd start dying off! I'll keep them for as long as I can then. Thanks!

Thanks ! If I come down to the Memphis area I will totally take you up on that offer !

Next time you're this way, let me know. I don't think my boy could eat as many as I have right now, so I'll definitely pass some along.

Back
Top Bottom