Superworms as staple..

Takara

I have a 2 year old ambanja male, free ranged, with a tongue issue.

he really doesn't show much interest in crickets, but he'll eat superworms out of my hand when he realizes what it actually is

is this fine to keep him on?

I dust with calcium every worm, and have multivit and calc/d3 for once every other week.

thanks

oh i should add when he eats out of a cup, he usually ends up eating greens also because he'll miss the bug with his tongue

so you mean just supers and nothing else? I would not just do supers. You need a mix up of some feeders with and without chitin What about some silks or hornworms added to that? Have you tried roaches? Well, I am one to talk about Roaches, cause I won't have them at my house and cannot stand the sight of them!!!

Well, it's not an ideal 'staple.' then again, having a staple is not ideal. Yes, superworms can make up a good portion of his diet, but be warned that many panthers refuse any other food when fed superworms too often.

My will only eat worms, his diet is super worms, silkies and horn worms. I've tried to get him to eat crickets, roaches, grasshoppers and he just flat out refuses to the point were he was loosing weight.

I make sure I gut load my supers with high calcium low phosphorus fruits and veggies and dust them with calcium every feeding.

Supers are not an "ideal" staple but it can be done.

My will only eat worms, his diet is super worms, silkies and horn worms. I've tried to get him to eat crickets, roaches, grasshoppers and he just flat out refuses to the point were he was loosing weight.

I make sure I gut load my supers with high calcium low phosphorus fruits and veggies and dust them with calcium every feeding.

Jessica, sound like we are in the same boat with the worms, although I have never tried roaches and probably never will . Where do you find the grasshoppers?. I think i could try those but would not want to watch him eat them. I don't like feeding live things as is. I wish they were herbivores!!!

Jessica, sound like we are in the same boat with the worms, although I have never tried roaches and probably never will . Where do you find the grasshoppers?. I think i could try those but would not want to watch him eat them. I don't like feeding live things as is. I wish they were herbivores!!!

LOL yea my roommate laughs because I apologise to the roaches before I feed them.

The grasshopper was a wc bug from a friends yard that I know was safe. He literally walked away when it hopped like he was completely unamused :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom