superworm breeding

anyone know a good link with step by step instructions on breeding superworms?
Don't feed them superworms! ju5tn is right they bite, and their hard shells are hard to digest. Even my giant bearded dragon has had trouble with em.

lol i edited my post and took that part out cause i saw alot of ppl feeding superworms to them. but yeah my friend said he breaks off the head then like hand feeds them to his bearded dragon

Why? They are better than mealworms. I've never had a problem with biting my lizards. Just my cuticles. :) By the time they are close enough to the chameleons to bite, they are chomped in two.

Don't feed them superworms! ju5tn is right they bite, and their hard shells are hard to digest. Even my giant bearded dragon has had trouble with em.

You should get your lizards examined by a vet.

A lizard who has problems dealing with or digesting a superworm is a sick lizard and needs medical attention. Lizards eat insects and all insects have exoskeletons. I've produced thousands of bearded dragons over the years and they will happily snap up and digest even hard shelled beetles (superworm beetles, june bugs, japanese beetles, stink bugs, random beetles found outside, superworms, mealworms, mealworm beetles, etc). My chameleons eat these without problems also.

Langerwerf produced and raised literally thousands of lizards on a primarily superworm diet and never had a problem from feeding them superworms.

I've used superworms myself since the early 90s and although I've never used them as an almost exclusive diet like langerwerf did for years, never had a problem and I've fed them to thousands of lizards also.

You should get your lizards examined by a vet.

A lizard who has problems dealing with or digesting a superworm is a sick lizard and needs medical attention. Lizards eat insects and all insects have exoskeletons. I've produced thousands of bearded dragons over the years and they will happily snap up and digest even hard shelled beetles (superworm beetles, june bugs, japanese beetles, stink bugs, random beetles found outside, superworms, mealworms, mealworm beetles, etc). My chameleons eat these without problems also.

Langerwerf produced and raised literally thousands of lizards on a primarily superworm diet and never had a problem from feeding them superworms.

I've used superworms myself since the early 90s and although I've never used them as an almost exclusive diet like langerwerf did for years, never had a problem and I've fed them to thousands of lizards also.

Ditto, lol. I've used them with Leopard Geckos, Bearded Dragons, Chameleons, Monitors, and Birds.

From this video I just made one quick :) just need the bins that they have in the first video. I have one like it but its really deep and i use it for storage. I put 5 superworms and 10 mealworms in the containers I had an old marble collection from when i was little and used that. just need to get a storage container and more super worms and mealworms! :)

i have owned over 10 chameleons and 90 bearded dragons and 2 uromastyx... that is one of the best feeders that u can buy from petsmart or petco.....:D so i agree if ur lizards are having trouble eating them they need to be seen by a vet asap

how do you gutload supers? Would you keep them in something like a cricket keeper? Don't they like to be buried though?

Superworms are an okay feeder choice. not the best, but certainly not the worst. they are high in fat so should not be a primary feeder. I suggest they make up 20% or less of the chameleons diet. And you must gutload them properly.

Just a Q I thought of when reading this-

What percentage of total diet fat is optimal for a lizard's diet?

Anyone have a study they can point me too?

Back
Top Bottom