Super worms

sourish

Hey y’all, sooo Camino is around 8 months old now.. we have been feeding him more super worms recently. (Because we have a plethora) and was just wondering if anyone uses them as a main feeder? I know that Chams can become addicted to them. But he has been eating like normal, and will still eat other feeders too. But any advice on gutloading super worms to make them as healthy as possible for him??? Thx guys!!!

Hey y’all, sooo Camino is around 8 months old now.. we have been feeding him more super worms recently. (Because we have a plethora) and was just wondering if anyone uses them as a main feeder? I know that Chams can become addicted to them. But he has been eating like normal, and will still eat other feeders too. But any advice on gutloading super worms to make them as healthy as possible for him??? Thx guys!!!
Well, superworms are little hard to digest,they don't contain nutrition,and they don't gutload well. IMO I would not recommend using as a staple but only infrequently as a treat item.

Superworms are high in phosphorus, fat and chitin and thus are not a recommended staple feeder. The biggest problem IMO is that superworms have a very high phosphorus to calcium ratio and you don't want that as calcium is used to process phosphorus and calcium deficiency leading to MBD is a sadly common but very avoidable problem for chams. Calcium should go to skeletal and muscle development, not processing superworms. Most experienced keepers will tell you to keep them as a treat.

Back
Top Bottom