Super worm question...

Kronos

Established Member
We currently use crickets, Dubia roaches and BSFL’s for our feeder insects. Never used super worms before. Are they similar to BSFL’s or do you need to dust them? Also, how would you rate them on a nutrition scale compared to others?

We currently use crickets, Dubia roaches and BSFL’s for our feeder insects. Never used super worms before. Are they similar to BSFL’s or do you need to dust them? Also, how would you rate them on a nutrition scale compared to others?
They have a high(er) fat content, hence not recommended as a staple—use sparingly.
Some lizards also have a tendency to become "addicted" to supers, refusing other feeders and holding out for the supers. Getting a "hooked" lizard off this habit can be... frustrating.

Chameleons don't like 12-step programs.

Lol. I don’t want him addicted to anything. Damn those bug/drug pushers. Definitely don’t want him in rehab, lol. I’ll probably just stick with what we usually use. And use them as a snack every blue moon until they’re gone or too big. Not ordering anymore. Luckily, I only bought a small pack of 50. I prefer BSFL’s over these guys any day. Thank you all for your advice, it is always appreciated!!!!

Lol. I don’t want him addicted to anything. Damn those bug/drug pushers. Definitely don’t want him in rehab, lol. I’ll probably just stick with what we usually use. And use them as a snack every blue moon until they’re gone or too big. Not ordering anymore. Luckily, I only bought a small pack of 50. I prefer BSFL’s over these guys any day. Thank you all for your advice, it is always appreciated!!!!
Those things will live forever if kept together. They will only get so big and thier max size is still good to feed adults.
Cold turkey is the way to go if breaking a habit but it'll sometimes make you pull your hair out?

Yes, they bite! I was being a d-bag. Honestly, though, I handle them all the time. They try to bite, but I find they can’t actually pinch my skin. Now, I’m a landscaper, and my hands are one big callus.
Your fine! That's good that they don't pinch your skin. I only feed small supers, I can't imagine the big ones bite ?

Yes, they bite! I was being a d-bag. Honestly, though, I handle them all the time. They try to bite, but I find they can’t actually pinch my skin. Now, I’m a landscaper, and my hands are one big callus.
Yeah, I handle them frequently and have never been bitten but it's in my mind everytime I pick one up. If it does ever happen it will find itself quickly under my foot.?

Back
Top Bottom