Super worm fail

Jhov2324

Although i actually succeeded in my superworm project, which was getting them to morph into beetles and now mating them. My chameleon doesnt not want to eat them :mad: i have about 300 feeders left and about 30 of them morphing. Should i continue to breed them. My cham is addicted to DUBIAS and will eat them right away. I put dubias and superworms in the feeding cup and it only takes the DUBIAs. I went 2 days without giving it dubias to see if he wud take the superworms and FAIL...... should i switch to silkworms?

Ima start some research on silkworm breeding ARG!!!!!:rolleyes:

Silkworms look extremely easy to breed IF you have the food for them. I'm looking into a cheap alternative that works.

As for the supers you have... I dunno what you should do with them. Maybe sell them on craigslist or donate them to a reptile society.

Although i actually succeeded in my superworm project, which was getting them to morph into beetles and now mating them. My chameleon doesnt not want to eat them :mad: i have about 300 feeders left and about 30 of them morphing. Should i continue to breed them. My cham is addicted to DUBIAS and will eat them right away. I put dubias and superworms in the feeding cup and it only takes the DUBIAs. I went 2 days without giving it dubias to see if he wud take the superworms and FAIL...... should i switch to silkworms?

I would'nt want to eat one of those black beetles either. Grab one of the superworm beetles and roll it around with your fingers, and then smell your hand.

I have the opposite problem, I have a dubia colony and they won't touch em,and they love supers! We should trade lol! I just bred silkworms and hornworms. Silkies are incredibly tedious and time consuming right after they hatch and eat alot but are a great feeder
Imo

Honestly suzi I would trade you them all..if my cham doesnt decide to eat them after my second starve attempt lol

What is funny is even my Labradors love Supers LOL I have a colony going and left the box I have them in (set of sterilite drawers) out side while I ran in to do some stuff and when I came back out they had opened the bottom drawer and eaten all the carrots most of the oats and half of the worms....My first thought was man I hope they chewed them.

Back
Top Bottom