Sun bathing :D

Peeps101

Established Member
First real day of summer here in Cali and I catch this little guy sun bathing on a rock in his new hibiscus I got just yesterday! :D
F5014C75-F82B-48F7-90C1-C97C1C1CE2E8.jpeg
71A63BB4-4199-4E70-8F04-49EF9DFF276D.jpeg

lucky little dude, i gotta start building my outdoor cage for apollo but i have time, its still 50 in maryland!

@Peeps101 just watch your heat level when your outside. Even though it says say 60 degrees in full sun it will easily climb 40 degrees. I have a misting bottle I take out with me when Beman is in full sun. I mist down the cage really well for him and that has been working well for me. I don't have a place in my yard where it is partly shady. I didn't realize until I took out one of his portable thermometers how much the temp actually climbs. So if you see him gapping then he is too hot. :)

@Peeps101 just watch your heat level when your outside. Even though it says say 60 degrees in full sun it will easily climb 40 degrees. I have a misting bottle I take out with me when Beman is in full sun. I mist down the cage really well for him and that has been working well for me. I don't have a place in my yard where it is partly shady. I didn't realize until I took out one of his portable thermometers how much the temp actually climbs. So if you see him gapping then he is too hot. :)
Alright thanks. :)

So ever since I took him out he LOVES sitting on my windowsill (his enclosure is right next to my window in my bedroom) I’ve got 2 small pothos plants on the sill and he loves sitting on them in the natural warmth of the sun. I know this doesn’t benefit him as his lights do in his cage but when the wind dies down a little more would it be safe to take his cage outside in my backyard? I figured I’d ask because I know there’s lots of bugs and such outside especially in the summer

So ever since I took him out he LOVES sitting on my windowsill (his enclosure is right next to my window in my bedroom) I’ve got 2 small pothos plants on the sill and he loves sitting on them in the natural warmth of the sun. I know this doesn’t benefit him as his lights do in his cage but when the wind dies down a little more would it be safe to take his cage outside in my backyard? I figured I’d ask because I know there’s lots of bugs and such outside especially in the summer
One of the best things for them.

Back
Top Bottom