Sumn new

Toroumi

Hi everyone me again lmao after much crying and throwing up I am sad to say that my chameleon passed away 2 days ago.. I was crying all day bro this sucks 🙁 honestly its my fault for not giving him the proper supplements for the past 3 years and I should have educated myself more even if he was kinda just thrown at me after I found him in the trash I'd never even owned a reptile until then I would like to eventually get a new chameleon and actually do this right 🙏🏼 I just wanted to ask if anyone knows a good place to get a panther chameleon in the LA area also if anyone has any tips for when I do get another one so I don't repeat the same mistakes

I’m so sorry that your guy passed. 😢
I would suggest waiting a little bit and learning everything you can before getting another chameleon. Of course the very best place to learn is https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ Start over learning from square one. Once you feel you’ve got a thorough understanding of good husbandry, get everything set up and dialed in to correct parameters. Take your time and have fun creating a beautiful home for a chameleon. Then, get a chameleon. There are several reputable breeders who sponsor the forum. I would begin my search with them. This is IMO the best way to ensure success with another chameleon.

That sucks, my world would be ripped in half if my cham died. If you need someone to all to I'm here. When you do learn how to take care of them you can buy from frams chams, kamerflauge chameleons and most of the site sponsors.

Hi everyone me again lmao after much crying and throwing up I am sad to say that my chameleon passed away 2 days ago.. I was crying all day bro this sucks 🙁 honestly its my fault for not giving him the proper supplements for the past 3 years and I should have educated myself more even if he was kinda just thrown at me after I found him in the trash I'd never even owned a reptile until then I would like to eventually get a new chameleon and actually do this right 🙏🏼 I just wanted to ask if anyone knows a good place to get a panther chameleon in the LA area also if anyone has any tips for when I do get another one so I don't repeat the same mistakes
Considering the circumstances of finding him and then having him for another 3 years, it may not have been supplements at all—it may just have been his time. 😔

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=male+panther+chameleon+lifespan

I’m so sorry that your guy passed. 😢
I would suggest waiting a little bit and learning everything you can before getting another chameleon. Of course the very best place to learn is https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ Start over learning from square one. Once you feel you’ve got a thorough understanding of good husbandry, get everything set up and dialed in to correct parameters. Take your time and have fun creating a beautiful home for a chameleon. Then, get a chameleon. There are several reputable breeders who sponsor the forum. I would begin my search with them. This is IMO the best way to ensure success with another chameleon.
+1.

I am sorry for your loss. I agree with reading through chameleon academy. You will need to change some stuff to ensure there are no issues for a new cham. Specifically the correct uvb lighting and supplements. But reading through everything there will help you identify other things you may need to correct.

Also you will need to thoroughly clean your cage before adding a new one. If you never had a fecal done on the one that passed there is potential for a new cham being infected.

Once you have everything perfected and set up then look into getting a new cham. I would ensure that it is a reputable breeder rather than just local to you.

Back
Top Bottom