Suggestions for heat lamp stand?

stephga

I presently have my 100w basking bulb in an Exo Terra deep dome fixture and it is sitting on the screen. I am having a lot of trouble keeping the temp where I want it over the basking spot, and I need to make room on the top of the cage for the uvb light bar and mini rain dome. What do you all use/suggest for a stand to securely hold the light over the top of the cage at an adjustable level?

I presently have my 100w basking bulb in an Exo Terra deep dome fixture and it is sitting on the screen. I am having a lot of trouble keeping the temp where I want it over the basking spot, and I need to make room on the top of the cage for the uvb light bar and mini rain dome. What do you all use/suggest for a stand to securely hold the light over the top of the cage at an adjustable level?

I think Zoo Med or ExoTerra has a telescoping light stand, but depending on how tall your cage is it might not be long enough. You could always hang the fixture from the ceiling with a plant hanger hook (if you can't find a stud to screw it in to use a dry wall anchor). Just need an extension cord to run to the nearest outlet. Or check a lighting supply or hardware store for an adjustable floor lamp stand...such as one used for photo studio lighting or portable work lights. You could make a simple stand out of pvc and put it next to the cage on a table or the floor. Check second hand stores for a floor lamp and remove the original fixture at the top.

I saw that one on amazon, but I couldn't find anywhere how tall it would get... I have my 36" tall cage on the top of a 3 tier metal cart, so it is quite tall (like 6'). The cage is in the foyer, so the ceiling is too high to hang anything from. I cannot build stuff, so I am stuck buying something. Thanks for your suggestions so far. I will keep looking!

get a lamp chain and hang it from the ceiling with a hook. you'll likely need a small extension cord though.

Back
Top Bottom