Suggested Plants?

Tobias&Jellybean

I have a 1 year+ old veiled chameleon and another young veiled i got from petco i have no clue on the age.
I´m looking for some nice plants (preferably a small tree)
i want something that will do good in a 1ftx2ftx5ft tall vivarium for my adult veiled cham. He loves to climb and i wanted to get him some live plants. So far he has a Jade Plant, and 2 Pothos.
My lighting is this:
Reptisun 10.0 UVB tube
and for heat- 75watt zoo med bulb.
I realize veiled chameleons do eat plants, so i´m looking for something non toxic if they eat a couple mouthfuls of it.

"He" is going to be a lot longer that 1 foot, so i would make the cage a lot deeper than 1 foot.

Pothos are great. So are Dracaena. And you can try some spider plants. You might be better off with a 1 meter cube, depending on how big the pots are.

Hard mode are Schefflera and hibiscus. They need ALOT of light. You almost need a stunt double for them, 1 in the cage, and one in full sun by a window, and rotate them.

Correction sorry, the tank is 5ftx2ftx1ft For depth. What about Ficus? I’ve heard good things on that :)
"He" is going to be a lot longer that 1 foot, so i would make the cage a lot deeper than 1 foot.

Pothos are great. So are Dracaena. And you can try some spider plants. You might be better off with a 1 meter cube, depending on how big the pots are.

Hard mode are Schefflera and hibiscus. They need ALOT of light. You almost need a stunt double for them, 1 in the cage, and one in full sun by a window, and rotate them.

Correction sorry, the tank is 5ftx2ftx1ft For depth. What about Ficus? I’ve heard good things on that :)

Ficus is another "hard mode" to keep alive. Long term i have only been able to keep pothos and dracaena alive and growing. I have 4-5 hibiscus, so those i pop in the tank for about 6 months before they start getting iffy, and then i rotate them out.

Plants LOOOOOOVE basking lights, so if you can rig up a few low wattage units instead of one big one, you may be able to keep the others alive.

Back
Top Bottom