Substrate?

Millie11

I am new to owning my veiled chameleon, I am unsure what is best to use as substarte currently I am using this reptibrick that expands in water. I have heard sand is better to use, any suggestion on what is best? Thank you for the help :)

Nothing!! The best and easiest thing for you to do is keep the bottom bare.

Mike you are devious!! Beat me to the chase lol!

Last edited:
I am new to owning my veiled chameleon, I am unsure what is best to use as substarte currently I am using this reptibrick that expands in water. I have heard sand is better to use, any suggestion on what is best? Thank you for the help :)

i dont use substrate just for the fact they can and will ingest some, and its not good for them, and can even cause impaction problems..most of us just put a potted plant in the cage and put large river rocks over the dirt in the pot so the chams cant get to it..we leave the bottom of the enclosure plain, or with news paper or paper towel..its cleaner, and safer..

Thank you so much, I'll take the advice especially since all three of you agreed =) What else can I do to keep humiditiy up?

I have a dripped and I mist frequently. Just need to get a plant. I am building her a new cage, can't wait for it to be finished I'll post pictures when it is done to see what everyone thinks :D

Back
Top Bottom