Substrate Trays and Breeder Cages?

Hi everyone,

I'm considering to attempt to build myself some baby cages. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of plastic is generally used for substrate trays that come with reptibreeze cages and others? I'm guessing polystyrene, is that correct?

Second question is: Is there any place to get frames for screens for the walls and doors? Like could I find this at Home Depot in the window section?

Thanks

The frame and corner pieces, are your everyday screen door accessories available at any hardware store. The flooring is pvc, I believe (also called sintra). There is a jacksons breeder from FL who posts videos of Gwar and breeding jax on youtube. He made a four part video on cage building. User name was similar to rawg????. If you can find it, it will make life much simpler.

If I am not mistaken the OP is asking about the substrate or water trays that you can get for the cages, like the ones LLL or DragonStrand make. Those trays are made out of ABS plastic. You can find it at plastics companies. I have purchased it from local plastic fabricators for pretty decent prices.

If I am not mistaken the OP is asking about the substrate or water trays that you can get for the cages, like the ones LLL or DragonStrand make. Those trays are made out of ABS plastic. You can find it at plastics companies. I have purchased it from local plastic fabricators for pretty decent prices.

Two part question. Read the second part.

Ok so I can use either PVC or abs for side walls of my breeders as they are non-toxic? Are there any plastics that are toxic to chams and other reptiles to come in contact with?

Back
Top Bottom