Substrate for a Veiled?

Classy

Hello! I'm thinking of getting substrate for my cage when I set it up. I was thinking using Miracle Grow Organic, then covering it with large river rocks or leafs? Please tell me if this would work, if not then could you tell what would work well? Thank you!

It's either bioactive substrate or no substrate. Unless the substrate serves a non aesthetic purpose, it is just something else for the chameleon to eat and get impacted. If you want to do a bioactive substrate, though, I recommend sunshine mix #4.

It's either bioactive substrate or no substrate. Unless the substrate serves a non aesthetic purpose, it is just something else for the chameleon to eat and get impacted. If you want to do a bioactive substrate, though, I recommend sunshine mix #4.
I'm using it to plant my plants in, not just for aesthetics.

Do you plan on covering the entire bottom in soil? If so I recommend just doing a bioactive setup, using the soil I mentioned.

Creating a bioactive cage floor takes planning, the right materials, and also some maintenance. It can work if done right, but it can be a smelly moldy disaster if done wrong! Remember, if you want the structural plants (the larger ones your cham will live in) to be strong enough the substrate will need a lot deeper.

Back
Top Bottom