Stupid work...

Are you saying you can't go to work because you're afraid of them dying without you there 24/7 or do you just mean you'll miss them? :D

Haha, no I'll just miss them. :)
it's just going to be a particularly long shift, all chameleonless.

:) yeah I find myself chomping at the bit come the last couple of hour at work knowing that my guys are at home waiting for me.

I never realised how much I enjoy Simba...and everything to do with him.

After a stressful day at work....and I've had a couple of those this week!!...even just watching him for 5 minutes or EVEN sorting out his feeders leaves me feeling completely chilled when I leave the room.

Never thought playing with insects could be so theraputic LOL....and I just love watching him explore his crib.

Oh and I watched him hunt down locusts for the first time today. FAB!!

KAT LVZ SIMBA!!! :D

Well I guess I'm in line then, this is day 5. I went to dinner & a movie the oter night and was dying to get home!!
I think you're right, I think I'm feeling queasy & feverish...cough, cough...I'd better not risk it, right? Lol

im not that tech savvy but is there a way that you can set up a webcam in front of your cage and access it via your smartphone that way youcan always see what they are up too???:rolleyes:

Wouldn't that be so lovely? I totally could too, it IS a pet store. Lol. Don't think the little critters would be up for a car ride any time soon! Lol. Too bad. :(

I am in the same boat but for my cricket colony. My first one ever and I don't want these batch of crickets to die while I'm gone because they didn't get enough moisture. I sprayed it down pretty well before I left but 8 hours at 85 degrees is a long time :p

Tell your boss you got an interdepartmental memo that it was 'take your pet to work day' ! :)

Not sure crickets will go down well at work though Go, everybody will think their pager/cell is going off! :D

I took a beardy to work once, big hit with people, but the super made me leave her in his office for the rest of the day,
don't think he got much work done, but he had a smile all day! :)

im not that tech savvy but is there a way that you can set up a webcam in front of your cage and access it via your smartphone that way youcan always see what they are up too???:rolleyes:

haha i am cunnently working on this combined with the eco-zone controller with internet connecton and two web cams that have a remote zoom and pan up and down capabilty.
when its done i will not only be able to see my chams but monitor and controll every aspect of my setup from my laptop or BB, uvb, heatlamps, misters evrything.
prob be a month or two till it finished

hoj

heehee is all i have been doing reading these posts!! i know exactly how you feel,i even miss mine when i go to wal mart for a bit..im always wondering how they are doing at home lol.. ya i would see if you can set up a camera at home and broadcast it onto your ph or even better yet a computer at work!! then you can have a really good view of them...maybe reverse this so they can see you too while you are away?? lmao...i love how we all love our chams!! have an awesome day regardless of whether you go in to work or not lol

i seriously love my job. i was so nervous at the fact i wouldn't be able to take care of 8 reptiles and feed myself with a job. i've been there almost a month, and i work full time at a chrysler dealership. I'm 5 minutes away with a 1 hour lunch at noon which is perfect to come home, mist a few cages, feed 1-3 chameleons and 1 anole and feed myself and get back to work with enough time to spare. though it is depressing i do not have much time to really spend with them, i am able to obtain their diet at right times and check their husbandry. i know that soon i will be very anxious and will want to be home, because Kiwi is due to lay within the next 2 weeks! but i know i have to stick it out and just work, to make money to support these damn addictions and the many more to come in 10 months!

Back
Top Bottom