stupid qeustion mabye but does a chameleon goes into winter mode?

jurjenfromholland

since a week or 3 or so my veiled chameleon he is 1 yaer and prox 10 months old .. he is shedding atm to .. his head mostly..
and he isnt near his basking light any more .. just the uvb bulb spot..
thats very close to his sleep spot to..
my chameleon stands near a window.. so he can see when it becomes dark outside.. and now its winter periode he goes into sleep mostly like between 6:30 and 7:00 lights go on at 7 in the morning...
and he is eating mostly 1 cricket a day... and some canned silk worms.. like 1 or 2 a day.. and sometimes he doesnt eat at all any advice?? kinda spraying him with warm hot water and drinks.. to :D? advicee

You can keep veiled the same all year round but for a species such as parsonii especially if your breeding them yes you winter them by dropping temps slightly, you would rarely see them threw winter as they sit under cover alot

No, it's not a stupid question, it's a good one infact :)

The answer is yes, some species do go into a kind of winter mode, though
because they come from locations which do not have extreme cold weather,
it's not of much concern to the casual pet owner unless U want to breed
them.

As already mentioned, their metabolism and hence, food intake will go down, and they will bemove less active, conserving their energy.

My chams know it's winter because they can see the sunlight durations from my windows, plus there is a noticed drop in night temps.

It's a good idea to revisit your suppliment schedule during the cold winter months taking into account they R eating less.

It's also a good idea to regularly get them to come out of their cage to relieve boredom and get some excersize (indoors, if it's too cold out).

Ok thxxx maked his basking spot bit closer to the lamp now ans he
Is chilling under it all day .. Haha hope this mood winter mode
Doenst stick to long thx for the info

Back
Top Bottom