stupid NHL

I dont watch NHL but Sportscenter is usually on one of my TV's at all times and Yea I cant believe they didnt get rid of him..Im all for big hits and fights in hockey but that guy is clearly a dirty player, get him out....

Oh God. As a Habs fan, and someone who knows a little about the max Pacioretty's past, i am by far biased in all this story.

I have found a few ideas here and there that support the suspension of Chara in many ways:

1) By not punishing Chara, you are therefore allowing people to do such hit again. This is obviously not logical.

2a) No matter if the hit was intentional or not, people are ALWAYS responsible and accountable for their acts. In other words, no matter if Chara meant to injure Pacioretty, he is responsible for almost killing him, and should have been suspended.

2b) Just like the NFL's new rule about helmet to helmet hits, people should be automatically suspended/fined for what they did. It's like in real life: if you kill someone, no matter if you meant to kill him or not, you are responsible!!

3a) Just like Henrik Sedin mentionned to the Vancouver Sun, and Joe Thornton; after playing 20 years of hockey, all the players know where they are. If you don't, you obviously don't belong to the NHL (my opinion). This is another reason why Chara was responsible. Of course, some people will tell you that it is the post's fault that Pacioretty was injured. I would reply that the post didn't move itself to hit Pacioretty. It is CHARA who moved Pacioretty's head into the post. In other words, it's Chara's fault, and there is no doubt about it. Just remove Chara completely from the play, and Pacioretty would have NEVER been injured.

3b) Many people argued that if the hit was done somewhere else, a foot before or after the post, nobody would be talking about that incident. I could say the same about all the cross-checks from behind, that lead to a concusion when the player's head hit the wall or window! But when such cross-check happens, there is most of the time a suspension following. Then why on Earth did a suspension not happen this time?? If the post or wall was a foot closer or further away, there would be no injury. But there was, and players are supposed to know where they are.

4a) When there is a suspension for hitting somebody's head, or for pushing somebody into the wall/window, it's always because there was (or should have been) a penalty on the play, that caused an injury. I can't understand why this wasn't the same here. It was an illegal hit, that caused MAJOR injury. So you do something illegal, it causes a big injury, and then there is no suspension?! Where is the logic in that?!

4b) Just like in 4a), Max Pacioretty couldn't protect himself from Chara's hit, because Chara didn't follow the rule of not causing any obstruction when a player doesn't have the puck. This is another reason why Chara is guilty for that dirty hit. If you don't protect players who aren't supposed to protect themselves in a certain time or space, what will happen??

Just my 4 cents, from a damn pissed Canadians fan.

I think he should have been suspended for at least 2 games, considering your run of the mill boarding/game misconduct can carry a 2 game suspension when the guy doesn't even get hurt. I think its kinda funny though that the Montreal police is investigating it, and that air canada is threating to pull their sponsorship.

ps- GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!

I dont watch NHL but Sportscenter is usually on one of my TV's at all times and Yea I cant believe they didnt get rid of him..Im all for big hits and fights in hockey but that guy is clearly a dirty player, get him out....

Chara isn't usually a dirty player. He is actually a whiny bitch, especially considering his size(7 feet tall on skates:eek:)

Last edited:
Air Canada was the first sponsor to threaten the NHL. Via Rail joined in, along with another too that i forgot the name.

Some day they will have to face the truth!

Back
Top Bottom