Stunned crickets?

Hey guys I just got back from grabbing another round of crickets for Renley, but 50% of them are acting/look stunned? The girl working there said that there might be some dead ones in the bag because the humidity has been inconsistent. When I dumped them into my cricket container most of them moved but there's still a bunch piled up on one another acting stunned. They'll move their antennas and legs but not go anywhere? are they slowly dying? is there anything I can do or should I go return them?

Thanks!

Stunne crickets

I'm not sure exactly what is really going on with the crickets, observe them for a few hours, and i would say just to be safe return them if they don't seem to be acting normal again. Also a way to prevent buying dead crickets from the pet store is to ask them to get the crickets directly from their cricket bin. You don't want to feed anything to your chameleon that isn't completely healthy.:)

What you described sounds like the crickets were out of oxygen. If all the ones at the shop are acting like that then it's more likely the cricket paralysis virus.

What you described sounds like the crickets were out of oxygen. If all the ones at the shop are acting like that then it's more likely the cricket paralysis virus.
They were fresh from the cricket bin as always and I've moved them around but it does look like some of them cant move 1 or both of their back legs. Are they still safe to feed with?

Back
Top Bottom