Stuck in the corner

Pcav666

My girlfriend has recently put a big hanging plant in lil pickles house, and it takes up aloooooot of room, and since it's been put in, he stays in the top right corner unless physically moved, which he then finds his way back up.

He used to explore and do loads of crazy stunts around the viv but now is confined to the corner.

Should I take the plant out so he can go back to exploring?
20181028_112517.jpg
20181028_112534.jpg

NOTE: He has been climbing down to his regular poop spot and the back up again and he has been moving around a bit in that general area

How recently did the plant come in? I added a new branch to my enclosure and my veiled Leonard flared up BIG time! He would not move and stared at the pot for 2-3 days. After that he calmed down and usually sleeps on it now. Sometimes chameleons will just be wary of new things in the enclosure.

How recently did the plant come in? I added a new branch to my enclosure and my veiled Leonard flared up BIG time! He would not move and stared at the pot for 2-3 days. After that he calmed down and usually sleeps on it now. Sometimes chameleons will just be wary of new things in the enclosure.

It's been in there about 2-3 days and he is just in the corner since all curled up, I'll give it a week, but if nothing changes I'll throw it away and go back to what he used to climb and dangle all over and he used to be all kinds of places

That seems to be Pickles safe spot to go.....let them be and stop changing things

Yeah as I thought, thanks. Also the closest spot to the light to bask.

His viv looked a little sparse me before hand and he's starting to pick up a bit of an attitude so thought I'd stick in another plant to make sure he feels safe enough

As long as he settles in to this new addition to his home, it wont change until he needs a bigger viv when he's older.

I would run some vines and branches in there horizontally and more towards the top of the enclosure.

Yeah I have put two more branches towards the top since that picture and I do have more vines at the ready, however he is still only just over 2 months old so I don't want him to be too close to the basking light

Back
Top Bottom