Strokes

Ok...that's an antibiotic that kills a lot of different bacteria a chameleon would have...but I don't know why the vet is giving her an antibiotic.
I can't read the label on the vitamins...I'm half blind! :)

Can you post a photo of her showing her other side please.
You should set up a lay bin and dig a hole in it for her. The bin can be an opaque container about 10" by 6" by 8" deep filled with washed playsand. The best sand I've found is produced by kings and comes in a white bag with red, blue yellow sandbox toys on it. You can get it at Home Depot.

What meds and vitamins did the vet prescribe. I need you to be very specific. Vitamins I want to know about in particular are D3 and the form of vitamin A. No calcium was suggested/given????
I can’t find the sand by any chance do you have a picture

Isn't that for dogs and cats. The ratio of D3 to vitamin A and calcium and phos may not be right. I can't help you if I can't see the numbers.

Thanks MissSkittles but it's the vitamins that I was referring to...
Lucy(Cham)... What is the amount/ratio of calcium to phos and D3 and vitamin A in the vitamin powder? What is the source of the vitamin A beta carotene/prOformed or prEformed/retinol?

Sorry. Did you mean the nutri cal? I found this.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS PER TEASPOON (6 GRAMS):
(All values are minimums unless otherwise stated)
Crude Protein(0.2%)12 mg
Crude Fat(30.0%)1800 mg
Moisture (Max.)(14.6%)876 mg
Ash (Max.)(0.7%)42 mg
Calcium(0.018%)1 mg
Phosphorus(0.01%)0.6 mg
Potassium(0.055%)3.3 mg
Sodium(0.12%)7.2 mg
Chloride(0.027%)1.5 mg
Magnesium(0.006%)0.38 mg
Iron(0.009%)0.5 mg
Manganese(0.015%)0.9 mg
Iodine(0.009%)0.5 mg
Vitamin A734 IU
Vitamin D55 IU
Vitamin E5 IU
Thiamine (Vitamin B1)1.5 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)0.01 mg
D-Pantothenic Acid1.74 mg
Niacin1.9 mg
Pyridoxine0.73 mg
Folic Acid0.19 mg
Vitamin B121.8 mcg
Omega 3 Fatty Acids (*)43 mg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids (*)211 mg
Omega 9 Fatty Acids (*)108 mg

Yes @MissSkittles I was referring to the nitro cal. Thanks for the info.

I think the vitamin A is a little high in this supplement....but whether it's a problem or not depends on the source of the vitamin A...is it prOformed or prEformed. I can't find the article right now but I remember it saying that the D3 should be 10 units for every 100 units of prEformed vitamin A...so don't quote me on it until I find the article. An imbalance in the D3 and the vitamin A can push the chameleon towards MBD. Of course calcium and phos have to also be in balance with each other and with the vitamins. Wish I could give exact numbers but I can't.

I think the vitamin A in nutri cal is palmitate...so it's prEformed and I think does make the balance off....if there's no other D3 or prEformed vitamin A from any other sources involved.

Back
Top Bottom