Stressed

mini031

I just bought my veiled chameleon yesterday, how can you tell if they are stressed? I want to make sure he is not stressed and happy

He will be stressed out and probably won't eat for a couple days, this is normal as he is adjusting to a new environment.

Usually the older chameleons develop very dark polka dots all over when they are stressed out. A good way to tell if any chameleon is stressed is if they are dark brown/black.

If they are really light green and sleeping, or black, they are stressed. Black chameleons you should worry about, that is not good.

When the lights went out yesterday he got really dark, i know for a couple of days he will be stressed since he is adjusting just wanted to know the signs so i can make sure he is not in a couple of days, he has been here a little over 24 hours and he saw my bearded dragon and did not like it he opened his mouth and made some type of growl noise, i quickly moved him away, trying to to handle too much in the first week here till he get adjusted

When the lights went out yesterday he got really dark, i know for a couple of days he will be stressed since he is adjusting just wanted to know the signs so i can make sure he is not in a couple of days, he has been here a little over 24 hours and he saw my bearded dragon and did not like it he opened his mouth and made some type of growl noise, i quickly moved him away, trying to to handle too much in the first week here till he get adjusted

I would not handle him for the next 2 weeks.
Do not show him your bearded dragon, he will feel threatened.

When you turned the lights off he was probably trying to absorb light by turning dark.

Don't worry, he will be fine in a couple days.

thank u i will not handle for a couple of weeks then and i didnt mean to show him the dragon i was walking by the tank yes but didnt realize he would do that, i will make sure to not do that again

Hello my Jackson's Cham he's been black and brown for over a week and a half. When I turn the lights of he turns green but during the day he's dark. But he's always walking around and eating any suggestions.

ur uvb bulb may have a problem as well as your temperature and lighting. You should also not keep him close to anything that may stress him out because black is a very bad color to be :(

Back
Top Bottom