Stressed out baby :(

Reptar729

Yesterday, my first cham passed away from old age :( he was 6. Anyway, to cheer me up, my dad brought me back to the reptile place that we had used all along (they're awesome by the way) and got me another veiled. His name is Reptar and he's about 2-3 months old (just guessing because he's definitely not a hatchling but he's small. I'm posting pics)

anyway, when I handled him at the reptile place he was almost excited. He was crawling all up my arm and every time I put him down he came back. I got home and put him in his cage and he was fine, he even started eating right away. I misted him and watched him drink and everything. He was also a bright green color. However, this morning I woke up to turn his lights on, mist the cage, feed him, etc. and he was a brownish gray color, and also wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. He tries to hide now whenever I come near his cage.

I don't know if this is him just getting used to the environment or what but I'm concerned about stressing him out too much and I don't know how to get him used to me. Like I said he was fine yesterday. My first cham I got as a hatchling so he was used to me from the start so im not sure how to approach this. I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do to keep him from stressing out. Any suggestions?

One pic

Here is one pic from today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 183
Here is what he looked like yesterday when I brought him home (don't worry he wasn't in the container for long it was only about a 10 minute drive from the place to my house)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 141
Can he see himself in the reflection anywhere? I had that problem with one glass tank setup after a fresh cleaning.

I don't know if he can. I can't see reflections of anything when I look at it. Maybe he can but Like I said he gets defensive and tries to hide whenever I go up to his tank. :/

No problem. Congratulations on your last cham making it to 6 years old, I am sure it is very sad to loose him but he lived a nice long life. You definitely have a lot more experience than me :)

Back
Top Bottom