Stressed chameleon

I will do my best for her. I was hoping for a male honestly
We were told we were buying a male veiled chameleon (rehoming) and we believed it until we learned a little more weeks after we got her... but it's been a year now and it worked out so well - she's been very friendly, comical (still sassy as veileds are) and a great cham overall- and beautiful - we wouldn't want a different cham! I was worried about egg laying first time around but it worked out well and she's laying her second batch now.. it's actually kind of cool to see her behaviours change - start roaming more etc. when it's time... hope it works out well for you!

I will do my best for her. I was hoping for a male honestly
Females look all sweet and friendly...
1599013121680.png

and then you find out what's underneath it all and their sass comes out! (we don't have plastic in the enclosure anymore:)
1599012970685.png

they've got character and beauty, in my opinion:)

and you can still dress them for Christmas...
1599013476471.png

I will get her everything she needs. Any reason why she is moving all over the cage today? Uo and down multiple times an hour. Climbing on everything. She isnt stressed or anything, just wandering.

I will get her everything she needs. Any reason why she is moving all over the cage today? Uo and down multiple times an hour. Climbing on everything. She isnt stressed or anything, just wandering.
Could be a number of things... hunting, exploring, cooling down if ambient temps are higher today. She will grow out of that enclosure rather quickly as well.

Not sure if this applies to females but when male chameleons mature they start to get more active because they are looking for a lady

Sometimes our female veiled is just curious and restless and wanting to come out and explore (and be carried to her free range area!), and does laps around her cage, but when she is very restless (more than usual) and climbs down her free range to prowl on the floor, and starting to dig her plants in her enclosure, it means she is very close to egg laying time.

She now has a lay bin just in case. Used true bamboo and a mix of coconut fiber and washed play sand in a flower pot thats about 9 inches deep

Attachments

• 15992637915121907808128593230779.jpg
    15992637915121907808128593230779.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 65
She is going to need a bigger cage very soon... I would go with a screen enclosure so you have more control of the daytime humidity level.

Back
Top Bottom