Strange behavior

MauiThePanther

So I recently cleaned my 8 month old Nosy be Panther Chameleons cage, all I did was replace his substrate and trim up his umbrella tree so I could see better in his cage for fallen waste or food that gets lost in the bottom half of his cage from being so cluttered. Ever since then he’s acted a little off. Today he’s crawled all over his cage and even walked on his flooring, which is his first time ever doing. Should I be concerned? Is this a sign of stress or is he being curious due to it being easier to get around with less clutter?

Well, if you walked into your room and found that someone had "redecorated" and messed with your stuff, mightn't you feel a little off and check things out to see what else is changed, different, or missing?

Not to anthropomorphize, but every pet I've ever kept has acted similarly when their space has been invaded & changed in some way. I'm getting the stinkeye right now for watering & rearranging some plants in the beardie's enclosure, and the dog is a little put out that we washed all the stank out of his matresses. :LOL:

I'd go with curious unless he's displaying obvious stress indicators.

So I recently cleaned my 8 month old Nosy be Panther Chameleons cage, all I did was replace his substrate and trim up his umbrella tree so I could see better in his cage for fallen waste or food that gets lost in the bottom half of his cage from being so cluttered. Ever since then he’s acted a little off. Today he’s crawled all over his cage and even walked on his flooring, which is his first time ever doing. Should I be concerned? Is this a sign of stress or is he being curious due to it being easier to get around with less clutter?
He should be fine, unless this behavior continues. When you move stuff around in your chameleons cage, chameleons will usually get curious and act like that when things change. Give him time to settle in and get comfortable with the changes and he should be fine! Everything should be fine unless this continues and he starts showing stress indicators.

Back
Top Bottom