Strange Behavior from Female Veiled

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
My 2 yr old female veiled is approaching her 5th or 6th batch of eggs or so I thought. About 2 weeks ago she was digging like mad in her lay bin for about a week but she never laid anything. (im sure of that) now this week she has been totally normal? eating, being friendly, never anywhere near the bottom of her enclosure.

Also when she isnt laying she is an angel but when she is gravid she gets pissy at anything that gets near her except for food. 2 weeks ago she was pissy and now she is nice i'm confused.

I assume that’s 36” high. I honestly have no idea why she’s be digging a hole if not laying. I’ve seen females at chain pet stores digging when not laying as the enclosures are too short and basically suck. Could a feeder have gotten in the lay bin and buried itself...like a superworm or roach? @kinyonga would be the one who might have an answer, but she hasn’t been around lately.

I assume that’s 36” high. I honestly have no idea why she’s be digging a hole if not laying. I’ve seen females at chain pet stores digging when not laying as the enclosures are too short and basically suck. Could a feeder have gotten in the lay bin and buried itself...like a superworm or roach? @kinyonga would be the one who might have an answer, but she hasn’t been around lately.
yes 36" high, its not a feeder because we saw her do the digging but I'm lost and I have no idea what she's doing. she's acting totally normal.

Wish I had an answer for you. Maybe is a bizarre idea, but could she have been constipated and mistakenly thought it was time to lay? I would think that feeling fullness and pressure down there might feel the same for a cham.

Wish I had an answer for you. Maybe is a bizarre idea, but could she have been constipated and mistakenly thought it was time to lay? I would think that feeling fullness and pressure down there might feel the same for a cham.
could be i'll keep a close eye on her strangely enough i haven't seen a poop from her in a while.

here is her enclosure

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpeg
    IMG_1399.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 110
What dates were they laid?
We actually don’t know the first date, because she actually did her first one in just one night so we didn’t find them until they were molded over and all gross. She’s laid 5 times and I think she laid her first batch when she was 7-9 months old. I do not remember the specific dates she laid but she has laid 5 times and is 2 years and 2 months old

We actually don’t know the first date, because she actually did her first one in just one night so we didn’t find them until they were molded over and all gross. She’s laid 5 times and I think she laid her first batch when she was 7-9 months old. I do not remember the specific dates she laid but she has laid 5 times and is 2 years and 2 months old
5 times!!! ?

Can you post a photo of her please. Have the clutch sizes decreased at all or have you tried to slow her down?
Yes they have. Her first 3 were about 50 then we realised we were over feeding her and slowed her down and the next 2 were about 40. I will give you photos once I get home from school. If this helps we feed her about 2 feeders every 3-4 days. She used to have something ridiculous like 5 a day,

here are photos. i forgot to mention in the original post that she is looking fat and looks like she still has eggs. I just took these

Attachments

• IMG_2220.jpeg
    IMG_2220.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom