stores that ship to hawaii?

EmiGlio

ive been searching for an online store that would ship to hawaii but so far i cant find any. im not sure if it is a hawaii import customs thing or just a shipping thing. does anyone know or would anyone be willing to ship crickets out to me?

well..

how would the pet stores get them then? im paying 10 bucks for 50 crickets out here when i could be getting 1000 for the same price online. :eek:

My best advice would be to talk to one of the stores where you are getting crickets from. They would be able to tell you for sure whether it is banned or not. They maybe breeding the crickets themselves or the high prices maybe in lue of the shipping. Not a great demand or infrastructure to make something like this cheap.

If you flip through some of these old post you can find some threads on breeding different insects yourself. When obtained from the store perhaps starting a breeding colony. I am sure you will have to replinish your stock but seems more econimical in your situation. Especially if you can not get anyone to ship them to the islands.

how would the pet stores get them then? im paying 10 bucks for 50 crickets out here when i could be getting 1000 for the same price online. :eek:

If you find someone that sells crickets for $10.00 for a thousand, please let me know. The best deal that I have found is from LLL Reptile, and the price is $16.99. (includes shipping.)

The price you are paying is actually pretty comparative to the price of crickets in my town. Now that one of the two small, crappy pet stores in my town has closed down, the other one raised its prices to $2.35 a dozen. PetCo is breaking ground on their new store as I type though, and relief is in sight.

Back to your topic... you just need to ask the different suppliers if they will ship to Hawaii. I would choose a west coast supplier so your crickets aren't stuck in limbo for several days.

Heika

I pay 5 bucks for 100 plus crickets.............2 weekers at that.

I decided that since Im going to have at least four chameleons here soon enough.....I may as well breed my own.

thanks

mahalos for all your inputs. this last time i went in to buy crickets, i was being very friendly and i asked for 50 crickets, usually $8.50. but she scooped in like 200 of them for the same price! i was really stoked, cause this should last me for a month at least.

Hey Guys,
Lets not lose sight of the fact that unless they are produced on the island he is on, the crickets will have to come by plane. Any thought of cheap crickets, drop-shipped or otherwise, just went out the window. Rather than pet stores, try some bait shops, and see if they either have crickets cheaper, or can turn you on to a local supplier.

aloha friend. i usually get my crickets from moanalua petstore, they have silkworms there every now and then as well. i have been researching this exact same topic, however not for crickets but for worms. its not ILLEGAL to ship crickets/worms here, but you have to have a permit from the dept. of agriculture (sp?)

in addition to that, you have to pay something close to 25 bucks at the declariations office to inspect the cargo. i have been asking my fav petstore owners where they get their silkworms because my jacksons LOVE em and i can hand feed them.. and they said they cant get em from mainland because they always die in shipping - either from freezing in flight, or from cooking sitting in the declarations office. - said his worms come from a buddie on maui that sends em over every now and then.

1 buck for 10 of the jucy little buggers.. i usually buy em out the second i see they have em.

hope this helps!

Thank you for clearing that up. I tried to find a definitive answer on-line but with no success.

Ship crickets from Maui

If you live in Hawaii, you can buy gut loaded crickets from a company called Island Hoppers Plus. They offer all sizes. They are located on Maui, but can ship them to any of the neighboring islands. The price is cheaper than the pet stores by more than half. Shipping is next day. You can reach them at (808) 268-6358. Best wishes!!

aloha friend. i usually get my crickets from moanalua petstore, they have silkworms there every now and then as well. i have been researching this exact same topic, however not for crickets but for worms. its not ILLEGAL to ship crickets/worms here, but you have to have a permit from the dept. of agriculture (sp?)

in addition to that, you have to pay something close to 25 bucks at the declariations office to inspect the cargo. i have been asking my fav petstore owners where they get their silkworms because my jacksons LOVE em and i can hand feed them.. and they said they cant get em from mainland because they always die in shipping - either from freezing in flight, or from cooking sitting in the declarations office. - said his worms come from a buddie on maui that sends em over every now and then.

1 buck for 10 of the jucy little buggers.. i usually buy em out the second i see they have em.

hope this helps!

I don't know the legality of shipping silkworm eggs, but Coastal Silkworms will sell eggs. I believe the shipping is free--they just mail them.

Back
Top Bottom