Store fecal sample

merisah98

Hi everyone! My green veiled chameleon has an appointment tomorrow at the vet and I was able to get a sample today, but not 100% sure if she will give me one tomorrow morning prior to appointment. How can I store it and how long can it last? Is it best to have it at least 24 hours prior?

Also, it looks a bit gooey, but I did feed a hornworm yesterday..is this normal?

runny from hornworm is normal.

Poop i just put in a sammich baggy and store in fridge. Worst case someone finds the baggy, best case i get a poop sample during the car ride to the vet on the paper towel.
I took my guy to the vet last Thurs and did this exactly, had a poop from a week prior stored in the fridge in multiple layers of baggies, and sure enough the sucker pooped in the box sometime on the ride home 😩
😂

runny from hornworm is normal.

Poop i just put in a sammich baggy and store in fridge. Worst case someone finds the baggy, best case i get a poop sample during the car ride to the vet on the paper towel.
I took my guy to the vet last Thurs and did this exactly, had a poop from a week prior stored in the fridge in multiple layers of baggies, and sure enough the sucker pooped in the box sometime on the ride home 😩
😂
Thank you!!! 🫶🏼 & omg that’s hilarious 😂 that was definitely unexpected for sure! I was able to get one from mine today but hopefully I can get a fresher one tomorrow in the AM..I should prob also have a baggy on hand in the car lol!

Back
Top Bottom