store bought grasshoppers or stick bugs ect

coastal_chameleon

Avid Member
I live in los Angeles California , i was wondering were i can buy insects other that the usual cricket super worms and dubia's ect ,i really want to try some stick bugs or grass hoppers ! I wanna add more variety to my chams diet as I have had him for years and im thinking of ways to treat him with something new !!

Im getting some pink wing stick bugs im a couple of weeks. A friend has a bunch and said he would bring some down. Never tried them but kinda in the same boat. Wanting to expand chams diet and my knowledge. Im not a big fan of reptile shows but you can find different types of food there.

Im getting some pink wing stick bugs im a couple of weeks. A friend has a bunch and said he would bring some down. Never tried them but kinda in the same boat. Wanting to expand chams diet and my knowledge. Im not a big fan of reptile shows but you can find different types of food there.
same here ! im a full time worker so I never really get a chance to go to shows !! I really wanna find someone who sells grass hoppers or stick bugs or anything new really !!

California Department of Ag might frown on bringing insects from out of state. Are there state parks or other public areas that you could inspect. I am catching a lot of moths now in a light trap. Jacksons like them. I don't feed stink bugs to my chams. Are there any insects attracted to your house lights at night?

One of our site sponsors Full Throttle Feeders sells stick insects and other feeders. fullthrottlefeeders.com
Some of our forum members sell a variety of insects as well. @snitz427 @jamest0o0 I have purchased from both. Silk worms, supers, roaches, cuc.

California Department of Ag might frown on bringing insects from out of state. Are there state parks or other public areas that you could inspect. I am catching a lot of moths now in a light trap. Jacksons like them. I don't feed stink bugs to my chams. Are there any insects attracted to your house lights at night?
I live in an urban area , I fear the insects outside may have had interactions with pesticide's :( we do have a natural preserve center near but catching bugs to take home is frond upon LOL

I live in an urban area , I fear the insects outside may have had interactions with pesticide's :( we do have a natural preserve center near but catching bugs to take home is frond upon LOL
Unless your community is fogged for mosquitos, you should be ok. Is there any intensive production pf vegetables or fruit where chemicals might be used? Its not logical that insects carry insecticides.

Back
Top Bottom