stopped eating after move

MrBolt

Hi guys, i recently moved house last week and since then my adult panther had stopped eating. He hasnt eaten in a week or pooped. He still comes out of his enclosure and walks around alot. Hes also drinking a hell of a lot of water too. Just not interested in food. Ive tried different feeders but no luck. Getting worried about him now.

Still not interested in food. But sat drinking this morning for around 30 minutes. Im wondering if hes hunger striking because of the stress of moving house? How can i try wing him off it? Is it a case of just offering different feeders?

Just his appetite, he still drinks lots and is very alert. He also pooped earlier which looked normal

Hi,
I just returned home from a VERY expensive vet visit, because my cham stopped eating also.

I've only had him 3 or 4 weeks. He was eating just fine, then made an enormous poop (after not seeing one in 2 weeks), then stopped eating.

The vet had no answers, except to force feed him a special powder he gave (SOLD!) me. I'm to mix it with water and chopped up worms or cat food.

This vet is the local reptile expert, but I didn't feel he really had many answers except to say my cham was very skinny and needed to eat or he would die.

Just like yours, mine is moving around fine and drinking water.
Please keep me posted on yours and what you're doing for him. I'm making one last effort to try silk worms, which he's never had before, before I try the force feeding.
I'll let you know......

Hi andie,

Yeah that sounds familiar, im picking up some dubia roaches tomorrow as he did quite favour those. If he turns his nose up at them then i dont know how else i can get him too eat. Like you said force feeding him is last on my list because if the move did stress him then force feeding might make it worse

Still not interested in food. Its been a week and 3 days now. How long can they go without eating? Is there a way i can give him his supps without eating also?

Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum so we can help you better and post some recent photos.

I tried force feeding once, yesterday. He's already mad at me and hissing. I feel so bad for him, but don't know what else to do.

Just to complicate matters, I found a very hefty sized poop, w/urate, in his cage on Saturday morning. I called the vet to ask if he was capable of this, since he didn't seem to be eating.

my vet said; either move him to a smaller cage, where I can track his eating more acurately (the crickets & worms keep hiding), or force feed.

They also said to weigh him each day to see if he's really losing weight. A true indication if they're not eating.

MrB, please PM me, so we can keep each other up to date on our chams.
I forgot what variety you have....Good luck!

Still not eating, vet said to try force feeding him. I fed him 4 crickets yesterday and 3 today. He wasn't interested in them i had to get him to drink before i popped them in his mouth. also pooped again today but very jelly like. Still drinking buckets of water too.

He can see out of a window but this never bothered him in my old house. He quite liked gazing out of the window from a climbing frame he has. My other baby panther is in the same room. He may see him when im cleaning him out but they cant see each other when they are in their vivs.

Hi, MrB.

So sorry to tell you I just lost my little cham today. I stopped trying to feed him that formula from the vet, because he seemed to choke on it. I switched to giving him worms, which he seemed to do well on the first day. But by the 2nd day, I could tell he couldn't handle it.

Today was the 3 day. Found him on the bottom of his cage. I put him on his basking spot and tried to give him a little water to ease his suffering.

I'm regretting taking him to the vet. I think it stressed him too much. My instinct told me not to go, but I was worried not to.

So sorry you're having trouble. Yours is a Panther, right? Captive bred? Mine was wild caught, which everyone says to avoid.

I think the fact that yours is drinking is good. I wish you the best and will say a prayer for him. :) Please keep me posted on his progress.
-A-

Im so sorry to hear that! Ive sent off his poop yesterday to be tested, hes still not eating but very active. Hes a captive bred panther

Poo came back clear, no parasites. Past few days still drinking and continued to force feed little prey items. Also leaving one normal sized prey item in his viv during the day. Slowly they started to disappear. I hoped he had eaten them. This morning i watered bolt and threw in a few normal food items and he went into hunting mode!! Running around devouring them all! Hopefully his appetite continues!

How's your guy make out in this situation? Mine is doing the exact same thing right now. We're on day 10. Starting to get worried

Back
Top Bottom