Stolen Chameleons help please

So glad you got most of them back. Hope you get the other two back. Hope your females make a full recovery too.

So glad you got most of them back. Hopefully, whoever has the other two will return them also. I hope you can find out somehow who took them. I would like to think they did not deliberately hurt the females and their injuries were accidental. Maybe the females were injured by climbing on one another in the cricket bin? Just a thought, not like it really matters. I hope they all will recover for you with no further complications. Keeping my fingers crossed you will get the other pair back and if so, they will come back to you in good shape.

Another male was dropped off in my yard :) but still have a few out ther :( . I came to conclusion my cats or wild animals coons posse got into bin since females had no top. They were the ones beat up and we rescue lots of cats . Thanks everyone I'm going try relax a few thanks for support and help

The letter can be chemically processed for prints, I know since I do that.

If you give that to the cops they can have that done.

Why should you do that? You might ask yourself that since you got a fair number of them back and I'll give you the reason why:

They can do it again and you will have to go through all this a second time.

I'd invest in two wireless security cameras for your chameleons...one covering the outside and one that covers the entrance from the inside looking out. That way it puts them inside the greenhouse for court purposes.

Another male was dropped off in my yard :) but still have a few out ther :( . I came to conclusion my cats or wild animals coons posse got into bin since females had no top. They were the ones beat up and we rescue lots of cats . Thanks everyone I'm going try relax a few thanks for support and help

if they keep showing up and you have few more out id def try to put a camera or something and try and get a vid of who is returning them. been following this thread and so happy you got them back. regardless of how the girls got scratched up wish them a quick and good recovery

Seriously Jack, you should contact the police and take the time to file a report. Regardless if someone brought many of them back, they created a terrible situation and performed an act of theft with no regard or respect for you. You now have a missing female (possibly dead) and a bunch of other damaged females.

Someone dropped them off in my driveway in one of my cricket bins they must taken them in . Most the girls are cut up somehow wth ripped nails and lacerations.Males look good they were in seperate bin . Girls were bloody mess ... So thanks for support I have them back they still have 1 male and 1 female. There was a note attached from an apparent angry mother apologizing . I really have no evidence of anybody but I don't Beleive some random kids found my chameleons . Either way most them are back now to get them back healthy and find the other 2 thanks again

I'm very glad most were returned--although worse for the experience.

Now, if the other mom returns the other 2 that would be miraculous.

My tap a talk app is not trying to attach pics right been such and hassle my internets been down only this week go figure . Should been back on already . Trying use my Gfs tap a talk app I'll get pics of chams current conditions males look nice girls pretty beat up . View attachment 101360
This is the big 7 females were returned in, a bloody mess.
View attachment 101361
This girls turret is ripped, her eye ball is In contact, but she's one of the worse ones off
View attachment 101362
Another female not doing so hot, scratched from head to toe.
View attachment 101363
Two of the 4 males returned, the males had minimal scratches, and seem to do well.

Just an update on everyone :) thanks again to everyone for their concern and support. Hope to get my 3 girls still out there back!

Last edited:
After reading the descriptions, I'm almost glad the attachments didn't work for me. I'm getting ready to woop some teenage butt. :mad:

I'm treating the females with with antibacterial ointments like Terramycin and Neosporin original , I've washed out the wounds and apply ointments couple times a day . I know the pics didn't work sorry about my technical issues lol , I'll update when I can get back on my laptop instead of using these phones which should have already been on but wind stream lost my service order ironically. Also I've been taking care of chameleons for long time now and i expect them to make almost full recovery for the most part . Some maybe have scaring but I expect them all to pull through and heal up from wounds. No limbs seem to be broken other then nails which could been from Ripping them off branches when stolen. Eye is bad on one girl but actual eyeballs are good . All drinking and I could say I think they're all eating . The foot is going to probably need some attention where nail is ripped . I have few options and I was offered free vet help since my story made it to some nice vets that offered to help . Thanks again and I'll post a lot of pics of all my chams soon as I get back online probably Monday .
I'm stilling missing 3 chams they were being sold for 50 to 100 each one female I was told was sold for 50 but they don't know where the other 2 are . I actually got ahold of thief through Facebook . There were over 86 shares on my friends post and a $1500 reward for my missing chameleons . Social media moves fast . I had some good friends tip me off and we started calling around . I got ahold of theif family members and eventually the actual theif which he claims he just received them . I'm happy iI got back what I did but still upset I'm missing 3 girls and now I have to treat all my females since they were left unprotected in my driveway .
I have no idea who these people even are I don't know them or their friends . This would not have been possible without Facebook and the massive support I got with people sharing my info.

Last edited:
I searched your post yesterday to see what had happened. I am glad to hear that you got most of them back. I hope they are doing better now. Now just the last few. Amazes me what people do for a quick buck.

glad that you got most of them back. I think they got injured because theu were probably thrown in only 1 bag and so of course they all started fighting. I would try to still find out who the parents are and make them pay for some vet bills. hope they all recover bro.

I'm treating the females with with antibacterial ointments like Terramycin and Neosporin original , I've washed out the wounds and apply ointments couple times a day . I know the pics didn't work sorry about my technical issues lol , I'll update when I can get back on my laptop instead of using these phones which should have already been on but wind stream lost my service order ironically. Also I've been taking care of chameleons for long time now and i expect them to make almost full recovery for the most part . Some maybe have scaring but I expect them all to pull through and heal up from wounds. No limbs seem to be broken other then nails which could been from Ripping them off branches when stolen. Eye is bad on one girl but actual eyeballs are good . All drinking and I could say I think they're all eating . The foot is going to probably need some attention where nail is ripped . I have few options and I was offered free vet help since my story made it to some nice vets that offered to help . Thanks again and I'll post a lot of pics of all my chams soon as I get back online probably Monday .
I'm stilling missing 3 chams they were being sold for 50 to 100 each one female I was told was sold for 50 but they don't know where the other 2 are . I actually got ahold of thief through Facebook . There were over 86 shares on my friends post and a $1500 reward for my missing chameleons . Social media moves fast . I had some good friends tip me off and we started calling around . I got ahold of theif family members and eventually the actual theif which he claims he just received them . I'm happy iI got back what I did but still upset I'm missing 3 girls and now I have to treat all my females since they were left unprotected in my driveway .
I have no idea who these people even are I don't know them or their friends . This would not have been possible without Facebook and the massive support I got with people sharing my info.

Well , you might want to inform the guy who "only received them" that receiving stolen property is just as much a real crime as stealing is.
Maybe then he will relent and give the others back.

Back
Top Bottom