Still won’t eat ? HELP

Have you tried getting him outside? Sometimes natural sunlight will rev up their appetite.

Yes I have tried him outside for around 20 minutes still will not eat anything outside :(

He goes outside regularly as we have some pretty amazing weather here lately

9 days now without nothing I think I may take him back to the vets next week to have an x day if that comes back clear I really don’t know what else it could be?

When chameleons are not well hydrated they can loose their appetite too. Also, try praying mantis! Chameleons find them very attractive. You can also try the larvae form of whasps, pull them out of the wasp nest and let them wiggle in front of the chameleon. And yes being out in the sunshine often helps!

He’s well hydrated , drinks plenty his eyes are always nice and big and praying mantis can we get them here in the uk?

How do I find a wasps nest ?

I’d make sure to give your cham a lot of space just in case. Mine just happened to be stressed when he went on a hunger strike because guests were staying in the house but as soon as they left and the house was more quiet again he started eating.

And about what Jill said, just a few days ago I put my cham in his outside cage for the first time ever and I couldn’t stop talking about how much more active he was. Saw him drinking for the first time in 4 months that I’ve had im and he ate without hessitation from my hand. He literally never hand feeds. Some outside time might do the trick like she said :)

Yes I have noticed when I’m around he wants out constantly but if I leave him be he will just chill out but still won’t eat

We’ve always had him in our front room so it’s so hadd for him to not see us

I cup feed my panther every other day and I know a some of the crickets eventually will get out and he will get those escapees within the next days. When you say he hasn't eaten over the last week, I wonder if he may be eating any of the bugs that have escaped. Heck there are times outside bugs somehow find their way into my guy's cage.

I also see that you have a 3 in one 100 watt bulb, is that a mercury vapor bulb? If so I wonder if it might be to much UV if you also have a linear 10%UV bulb.

Ok my 14 month old panther chameleon male , has not eat anything in 8 days now. :( he’s been vet for a check up she was all happy with him , checked his weight all good checked his mouth all good and also took a stool sample which cane back all clear :-

He’s always been such a goof eater but he’s just not interested in any feeder
Crickets no
Dubai’s no
Loctus no
Waxworms no
Mealworms no
Beetle grub. No

Literally driving me insane :(

He’s very active drinking great and is very strong he wants out his enclosure all the time but we have not. Changed anything within his enclosure

Basking between 80-90 degrees
Humidity between 60-70
He has a 3 in one 100 watt light and also a tube UV 10% light to
Calcuim dust every feed
D3 twice monthly
Vitamin A in his water outake ( BSP drops )

He’s in a tall enclosure plenty to climb and hide

I just don’t get him at the minute :(

Have you tried to pick him at all? He might me super stressed, which in this case if he is stressed this might lead to death. Poor guy. When I got my chameleon he was pretty stressed but because he was like a month old he ate all he could. Try to put crickets and spraying normally

Update

He finally ate a cockroach on Friday! Only 1 and hasn’t eaten anything since though but I’m just glad he has finally ate :)

Let’s hope he continues too

Have you tried to pick him at all? He might me super stressed, which in this case if he is stressed this might lead to death. Poor guy. When I got my chameleon he was pretty stressed but because he was like a month old he ate all he could. Try to put crickets and spraying normally
Why would you try to pick him up?

Back
Top Bottom