Still unsure of the diet

VCMan

Okay so should i feed mealworms ( they would be best) or crickets (not keen on them but will do it for my soon to be chameleon) I'm New here just thought i would say hi :) Im getting a baby ill post a picture when i have him. I got a him over a her was it a good Choice:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: also Do i get the exo terra Calcium ? Which you put in the water i heard you had to get a eye dropper for them to drink from ? I saw a really cool idea its two plastic cup s one on the top and directly underneath so then poke a hole in the cup in the top and it will drop water into the second cup

Last edited:
Okay well I'm sure we all have a few questions first. What type of chaneleon are you getting? Do you have a setup already? Proper lighting? Proper temperature gradients? Gut load? Proper humidity? Did you research?And so on.

Mealworms are not typically used as a feeder. High fat content and the inability to gut load makes them more of an occasional treat for your Cham. Most member used crickets, Dubia, silks as primary feeders. However remember a varied diet is recommended. No one feeder should be more than 40% of their overall diet.

Proper gut load and supplementation is key. And this will vary on species of chameleon.

Yes drippers are used as chams will not drink standing water. Misting is also recommended

Are you purchasing from a pet store or a reputable breeder? It is recommended to buy from a a breeder specifically any of the site sponsors as you will be assured they are in good health. And pet stores (petco, super pets) typically give misinformation on proper care. Also on the forums you can find proper care sheets for most common species please read these and enducate yourself as much as possible!

Hope this helps.

If you refer to the care pages under the care resources to the left of the page they are breed specific and will answer most of your questions. Then ask in the forums if you still need clarification. Also under each forum heading there are stickies with more information specific to each heading i. e. Enclosures, food etc.

There is a window at the bottom left of this website that says: "chameleon care", then it has a bunch of topics.
If you read those, it will likely answer most of your questions, and you wont have to wait for someone to respond :)

You will probably still have some questions, I know I did ;)

Back
Top Bottom