Still not well

Leighqt

Drago isn’t doing too well been for his follow up at vet today, he’s lethargic,not eating lost 10% of his body weight, husbandry is ok. Vets previously did X-ray as he kept falling,no mbd. Did bloods today, prescribed Antibiotics and critical care food to syringe feed.

I’m one very nervous mummy.

Very erratic behaviour so aggressive today, it’s out of character I don’t know if this is a good thing he was nearly psychotic so out of character from this extremely lethargic animal that has been nestling into me they are so ill. Still going to bottom of Viv, still falling ,am now having to handle with a stick, is very dark in colour almost cold, will not stay in basking spot, i feeel he’s doing everything to die, I do not know what to do for this animal as because of my previous posts and the tiny time frame involved am confident my husbandry is ok. I’m taking to vet consistently but I just don’t know I’m missing something.

Last edited:
Very erratic behaviour so aggressive today, it’s out of character I don’t know if this is a good thing he was nearly psychotic so out of character from this extremely lethargic animal that has been nestling into me they are so ill. Still going to bottom of Viv, still falling ,am now having to handle with a stick, is very dark in colour almost cold, will not stay in basking spot, i feeel he’s doing everything to die, I do not know what to do for this animal as because of my previous posts and the tiny time frame involved am confident my husbandry is ok. I’m taking to vet consistently but I just don’t know I’m missing something.

Hi hun I just went back through all your help threads... Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

I pulled this from one of your latest help forms... Can I confirm... Are you using both the komodo 2 in 1 UVB bulb and the T5?

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Ambilobe, Age approx 8- 9mths , in my care from about 3mth
  • Handling - Comes tofront of cageto come out, daily to every other day, just made a small freerange for him, In good weather he likes to sit on a small Treein Garden
  • Feeding - Coach roach, crickets, gutload with mango, carrot, kale
  • Supplements - Calcium every feed, calcium with D3 twice a month, nutri vitamins every Third
  • Watering - Misting technique about 2 min per time, am home every day so when I see Humidity has dropped,
  • Fecal Description - Brown , White Urates,
  • History - Purchased from a reptile shop, discussed my issue with owner who once confirmed I had recently upgraded the bulb ( he knew I wanted too) said it should be ok, looked at pics of him said Growth etc ok, could not see any sign of MBD,

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Glass with mesh ventilation 2ft by 3ft width
  • Lighting - Zoo med T5 light across top of cage 6% uv, Komodo basking dome with basking bulb
  • Temperature - Komodo digital, 26 - 30 c,
  • Humidity - Komodo digital min 50 c - 70 - 80 c, Misting daily
  • Plants - Combined Real and Fake
  • Placement - corner of room, higher level, no vents etc
  • Location - Wales UK
199034-a287d0afa30dbe87c4e5d881f28cbf11.jpg

Ok well when you get back online.... If you are using a 2 in 1 UVB bulb they are very strong and should only be used when you have a solarmeter 6.5 so that you can verify the UVI levels. So if you are still using this remove it asap. Put in a regular bulb for heat. The T5 6% with the basking level at 7-8 inches below the fixture sitting on the top of the cage is perfect for him.... I am wondering if this is why he is not well. He would be getting over exposure to high UVI levels.

Hi hun I just went back through all your help threads... Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?
Since my previous threads I upgraded to a a t5 linear bulb for lighting at 8 % 2ft length by 3 ft width glass with mesh Viv mesh too ,basking bulb in a dome fixture forget the watts but did loads of research , gutloading ok, following vets advice,tried bouncing water off wall in shower, syringe feeding him food nutrients and vets prescription stuff, yet I don’t know if he’s improving or what the heck is going on .

Am only using one t5 linear bulb and a basking bulb
Ok I just wanted to make sure you were not using the 2 in 1 uvb basking bulb. That was my biggest concern and the only thing that I saw that would be causing an issue. I am sorry I can not add anything additional. :(

Back
Top Bottom