Sticks?

Phatturk

I was wondering where everyone gets the wood sticks for their enclosures. Can I just get some out of the forest? What do I need to do if I do get them from the wild, is there some cleaning process I should do? I am building a new enclosure for my Veiled and I would like to have some real wood in there this time. Thanks!

boil them or somewhere i herd you can wrap them in foil and bake them. i dunno some one back me up here. but i know for sure you can boil them to sterilize.

I bake the pieces that will fit in the oven. 350 for a half an hour takes care of pretty much everything. I wipe down the larger pieces with a bleach and water solution.

Heika

yep I stick them in the oven at 400 for about 15-20min. if they fit, no foil though, and it smells good like a campfire burning nearby lol. but I'd assume just rinsing with hot water would do the job. Bleach sounds like a bit of overkill to me, couldn't the wood absorb some of it and leave some nasty fumes lingering for the chameleon? I guess it depends on the ratio you're using...

yep I stick them in the oven at 400 for about 15-20min. if they fit, no foil though, and it smells good like a campfire burning nearby lol. but I'd assume just rinsing with hot water would do the job. Bleach sounds like a bit of overkill to me, couldn't the wood absorb some of it and leave some nasty fumes lingering for the chameleon? I guess it depends on the ratio you're using...

Just a capful to a gallon of hot water. No overkill there. I like to try and get rid of any parasites that may be a problem with my chameleons.. round worms, etc.

Back
Top Bottom