Sticks in screen cage?

Veild Cham Owner

Avid Member
I am soon transferring my chameleon into a new screen cage which I will be making this weekend... But j want to add lots of plants and sticks for him to climb on. I have a picture of what I want to do with the sticks( which I will add in) but I don't know how to place them in the cage how I want them to and where to get them. Do I just get the from outside and clean and dry them?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 466
Place the branches like you see in the pictures you've provided. You can affix them to the sides of the enclosure with thumb tacks as I do, or suspend them with threat, or 2-3 lbs. test fishing line. Find the branches you want to use from outside ( I use oak because I have an old black oak in my backyard) and then cut them to size. Get as much bark off as possible and then bake in oven @ 300* for 30 min. to sanitize.

What I think MSMorgan meant was to get rid of rotting flaky bark, obvious dirt, bird poop, etc. There's no need to remove all the good bark, in fact it will help keep his claws trimmed a little and exercise his feet. I usually just scrub the branches with a hot water bleach solution (1 part bleach to 10 parts water), rinse until I can't smell the bleach, and let dry. I use light gage craft wire to anchor my branches through the screen or to the cage frame. Works just fine. I drill holes through larger branches and thread the wire through. Smaller twigs I just wrap.

Place the branches like you see in the pictures you've provided. You can affix them to the sides of the enclosure with thumb tacks as I do, or suspend them with threat, or 2-3 lbs. test fishing line. Find the branches you want to use from outside ( I use oak because I have an old black oak in my backyard) and then cut them to size. Get as much bark off as possible and then bake in oven @ 300* for 30 min. to sanitize.
ok thank you i will do that!!

Back
Top Bottom