Stepped on Cham

FaunaBgirl

Does anybody know if chams have a defense mechanism of flatening themselves protectively when being stepped on?
My cham seems for the most part, to have survived my stepping back on him. I held him in lukewarm water and then held him in the late afternoon sun. There, to my relief, he turned from black, back to green. He walked on a blanket with no trouble. But on the branch, favors his back right. :{ Either he doesn't know what hit him, or he's very forgiving of my horrible, horrible mistake.
I actually got him to walk my hands like normal and to eat two worms and some vits. He's sleeping now... We'll see how he feels in the morning.
He's almost 7 mos old, poor little gent.

i always worry that i might injure my little guy by mistake, but it seems you have one heck of a trooper there! hopefully he's ok :)

Funny but sad story

This reminded of a time back in 4th grade. My parents demanded that I get rid of my pet gerbil. I was really sad about it, but after not finding anyone who wanted it, my friend and I decided to let it go outside.

After watching it wander around for a few minutes, it scrambled out onto a busy road(really busy-4 lanes 50mph legal limit).

For five minutes we watched that silly rodent narrowly escape being flattened by about 500 cars speeding by. We started to feel bad watching it shiver as cars flew by, and decided to rescue it (my friend would beg his mom to let him have it.)

Finally there was a break in the cars and I ran out in the road to get it, but the little guy decided to make a run for it back towards the curb......right as i was taking my last step to get him, and .................

CRUNCH, right under my shoe. I will never forget that sound, and how bad i felt. Looking back, it is kind of a funny story, although i remembe being devasted at the time.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble.....i hope your baby gets better.

josh

well, a veiled chamelons ribs are designed to flex.
This is actually an adaptation for when they fall out of trees.
So, he may be okay. just keep an eye on him.

I will post a pic in my gallery... (dont know how)
He seems to be doing well. He ate and his coloring is good. His grip is not as strong though and I see him gray when he smarts himself. He needs to heal. What a trooper he is, yeah? And he still has no fear! What a guy!

I will post a pic in my gallery... (dont know how)
He seems to be doing well. He ate and his coloring is good. His grip is not as strong though and I see him gray when he smarts himself. He needs to heal. What a trooper he is, yeah? And he still has no fear! What a guy!

Thats good to hear! Hopefully with a bit of rest and food he will be back to his old self!

He's made it through day 3 and all seems fairly normal. Except that his grip is still a little weaker than it was normally. But he's eager to get on me every time, so I didn't loose his friendship over it. :D
Recent picture of him is in my gallery titled Mr Triggs @ 27 months. You can see for yourself how he's doing. :D

He does look pretty good! Maybe walking up and down the plants in his cage will help him with the grip soon enough. I wouldn't think it would be anything too serious if he can still walk okay. :)

ahahah what happens to you when you sprain your ankle or wrist , your grip isnt all that good or walkin is a pain in the buttox! ahahah i think you just sprained a joint in his back leg and hes kinda stiff cause if anything was about to happen hew would have gone down hill in those 3 days , chameleons are good hiders of sicknesses to so a vet check up will be needed just to make sure there is no fractures of the bones or any organs have been bruised , im not tryin to make you worry more its just i would take him to the vet just to make sure but he sounds like a strong son of a gun

Day 4 and his grip is coming back in some of his feet. {2} I've been working with him and he's definitely bruised up a bit and sprained a bit. He eats, drinks, basks and last night I let him sleep wild. (on the BIG plant outside his cage) Although he has gotten a bit thinner as I think eating a lot hurts him, I believe he will heal ok. Thanks for taking a look at him in my gallery. Hard to believe he was crushed black rug matter a few days ago.

couldn't she just lightly run her finders over his body? to check if anythings broken? (Just curious)

Good News! He's completely ok. Like it never happened! Now THAT'S the power of prayer!!!He wants woman. Got girl?

Mr. Triggs wants a plane ticket to Houston now...... lol

Triggs wants a female badly. And he's such a nice chap... I'm sure he would treat her nice. lol

Would you mind posting a picture of her? Please? :} Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom