Staying at one spot

since I moved my Charm in his new XL Reptibreeze Enclosure on Friday he is only staying under the Basking spot. His Basking spot temp is between 81-85f . He doesn’t move and he is always rolling over to the side so he is out of side. I guess he is hiding from me.
He was so active and always moving in his old Custom Enclosure with plexiglass.
I have lots of coverage real plants lots of sticks and vines for him to climb around but he just stays at one spot and rolls to the side. I have a feeling he isn’t to happy at the moment. What can I do so he gets back to his old self?
I will send pic of the old Enclosure and the new one now.

Attachments

• 2B6D3E37-46A8-468D-B5E9-78E8A3EC9EC1.jpeg
    2B6D3E37-46A8-468D-B5E9-78E8A3EC9EC1.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 89
From what I understand, chams don't like change. He needs to get used to his new home. Are you saying he has been in his basking spot ONLY since friday?

My cham angles his body so that it is perpendicular to his basking bulb so he can absorb more heat. He also flattens his body to help with this. I think your cham is doing the same because logically, an all plexiglass enclosure will be a LITTLE warmer than an all screened enclosure.

81* is a little low for a basking spot, maybe try to keep it steady at 85* if possible. He could just be chilly, maybe? The enclosure is obviously better, so he might just need some more time to settle in, try feeding him in different spots of the enclosure so he has to explore

My cham will also tilt sideways to hide from me, but I've also noticed him tilted sideways to warm up when I'm not in the room for a while and come back. I've noticed him tilting sideways for both reasons. I'd give him some more time to adjust to his new enclosure,especially with a dramatic change in scenery, and maybe try increasing the basking temp a little like the others suggested. :)

81* is a little low for a basking spot, maybe try to keep it steady at 85* if possible. He could just be chilly, maybe? The enclosure is obviously better, so he might just need some more time to settle in, try feeding him in different spots of the enclosure so he has to explore
So I lowered the Basking lamp a bit and now the Basking spot area reaches from 84-90f depends on where he is. Is that to hot for him now?

Why is it fluctuating?
In the picture where I circled that whee he sits and the heat lamp I s on top. From one side of the circle to the other side when I go point tempgun over and move it from one side to the other I get readings from 84-90f

Attachments

• 69545686-2FA5-4166-B2B6-5FD5333DD5D8.jpeg
    69545686-2FA5-4166-B2B6-5FD5333DD5D8.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 59
Then it’s fine, just be cautious since it can reach 90*
Edit: is the middle of the circle the highest spot that the bulb hits?
The middle the of the circle the highest spot there is 86f but when you continue where it goes down it hits 90f
I had a normal 60watt bulb in his old enclosure but when he moved to the new one I could get the heat up so I went and a 65watt flood light

The middle the of the circle the highest spot there is 86f but when you continue where it goes down it hits 90f
I had a normal 60watt bulb in his old enclosure but when he moved to the new one I could get the heat up so I went and a 65watt flood light
Just be cautious of burns, but if you could raise the bulb a hair to make the hottest part 85-87*F, you’ll be perfect!

Are you pointing the temp gun at the top of those vines and not the sides of them? You can get a big difference when you do that too.

Back
Top Bottom