Starting to get worried..

ChamyLove

So I've had my chameleon almost 5 months now, and he is about 9 1/2 months old. I've seen so many pictures of Panthers much younger, but still quite a bit larger and colorful. Oliver is about 8-9 inches long, and while I see him getting more and more color, it is still minimal.

I feed him 9 - 13 crickets a day ranging from 1/2 - 1 inch (I get them from my local pet store, which only has sizes small and large; so I get the large.)

Do you think something might be wrong? Or is he maybe just a smaller chameleon?

Input is much appreciated. Thanks

ChamyLove

He started getting fed up with my phone being in his cage...

Attachments

• image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 128
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    20 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 42

ChamyLove

the cage he is in right now is 18x18x36. The stick he is on goes all the way across the cage. Maybe that info will help with sizing.

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
I'm sorry, I can't really tell anything from those photos :/

Perhaps tomorrow morning you can take him out for a second and get some photos of him without the backlighting. Natural light will help us see what is going on with his coloration better, I think.

ChamyLove

He doesn't let me hold him. I've tried hand feeding to introduce him to me, but he has never been interested. I've held worms in my hand for 10+ minutes and nothing.

Would it help if I took a picture of him next to a ruler or tape measure for sizing? Or is it the lighting you are worried about? :confused:

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
I can't see any of the colors (or non-colors) because of the lighting in the cage and because he's in front of a basking light. So he just looks dark and blue from the light. I don't think that's probably what he looks like in person. Perhaps if you use flash that might help, too.

ChamyLove

Will do! I have a partial free range set up a few feet away from his cage and in front of a window. I'll try and get him onto that tomorrow. If not I'll try flash. Right now though, his colors really are just a light baby blue, and since he was upset with me his accents were dark... He really doesn't have much color. And since I got him directly from kammers, I have no reason to believe he might not be a male.

Top Bottom