Starting to get concerned

I definitely think a vet check would be good. Depending on where in the UK you live you might have an exotic vet an hour away from you which would be closer than a lot of people have here sadly.

Honestly, he looks awful for a one-year old panther needing to shed or not. His skin is falling off his legs and it doesn't look like a shed. Look at the hind right knee of the first picture you sent and the picture of his right leg in the second group. I think @kinyonga is on to something--it very well might be a systemic infection.

@Andee Look at how sunken into the eye socket his eyes are--the hollow ring around his eyeball. Look at how you can see the ligaments/spine at the base of the tail. You might be being fooled by the blurry photo and how full his casque appears. I also think he has edema as his casque looks bloated on the top and behind. That can't be a fat pad based on how the rest of his body works.

I really don't think the pictures do him justice on here as he looks much better in real life but I'm really not concerned about his eyes or head. And his skin gets like that when he is trying to shed and he has always done that even when we first got him

So I don't understand why you put this post up if you just are going to ignore everything we comment on? The fact is, we can't make up for vet care. If we tell you to go to a vet it is because only vets can treat and help with any illness he could possibly have. I do not think what he is doing is healthy or normal. There is abnormal that is just your chameleon, and then there is unhealthy. It could be bad genetics or some sort of illness that can be helped. The thing is we can't diagnose anything. And we are looking at pictures and going off your history. So honestly the vet is the best place to take him. I am not trying to anger you, it's just the truth.

So I don't understand why you put this post up if you just are going to ignore everything we comment on? The fact is, we can't make up for vet care. If we tell you to go to a vet it is because only vets can treat and help with any illness he could possibly have. I do not think what he is doing is healthy or normal. There is abnormal that is just your chameleon, and then there is unhealthy. It could be bad genetics or some sort of illness that can be helped. The thing is we can't diagnose anything. And we are looking at pictures and going off your history. So honestly the vet is the best place to take him. I am not trying to anger you, it's just the truth.

I know that and I do think some of it has to do with his genetics as he is much like his dad. I have learnt a lot from this thread and I thank you for all the advice

I really don't think the pictures do him justice on here as he looks much better in real life but I'm really not concerned about his eyes or head. And his skin gets like that when he is trying to shed and he has always done that even when we first got him

Then why did you bother to waste everyone's time with four pages of this thread if you are going to totally ignore everything everyone says since you know better? Your chameleon looks awful. Period. No young animal should look so awful. But, hey, you know all.

What do you want? Validation that you are doing everything correctly?

Your animal looks awful. I don't care if he looked awful since the day he arrived. He looks awful.

I know that and I do think some of it has to do with his genetics as he is much like his dad. I have learnt a lot from this thread and I thank you for all the advice

Genetics likely have nothing to do with it. They are too close to the wild for "bad genetics" not to have been weeded out by Mother Nature. More likely, it is a common husbandry problem.

Back
Top Bottom