Starting Rescue / collective

mrgreen22

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of setting my new work space which is a small warehouse. I'm an artist who operates an artist collective for the last 2 years. I've been an avid cham lover for many years now and got the idea of starting a little rescue / education center at my space. ( i have lots of extra space). Anyways I just wanted to get some feed back and thoughts from the cham community . I know this will all cost a lot, i want to be able to provide consistent vet care and have all the proper supplies. Do you thing this is something people would be willing to donate to? I would set it up as a TRUE non-profit. I'm located in OC, so if anyone would like to link up, Please send me some feed back.:)

- Paul

Hello Paul, that is a great thing you want to do! But I would first talk to an expert. Call Elisa at ChamEO. She has ran a non-profit chameleon rescue for years. The only "true" chameleon rescue in southern California to my knowledge. Others have tried, but just do not have it working. It DOES take a lot of money, time willingness to work with a good vet, and the list goes on. ChamEo_Org Best of luck.

I think anything to help and educate people about chams is great :) and yes, it takes ALOT of money, time, and space -

be sure to look into starting a 501 c3 ( non profit ) it is alot of work, and you have to have a board, meetings, ect - you may be better off joining with an already established 501, and become the "reptile" end of it - but I think its great to look into - good luck :)
I am the secretary , and hospice/ critical care for chams, and some of the really sick babies who come in to us -
here is the 501 I am with - http://anotherchance.dogrescues.org/

and here is a page of the animals I care for in my home :) https://www.facebook.com/LifewithElliotandfriends?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Hello Paul, that is a great thing you want to do! But I would first talk to an expert. Call Elisa at ChamEO. She has ran a non-profit chameleon rescue for years. The only "true" chameleon rescue in southern California to my knowledge. Others have tried, but just do not have it working. It DOES take a lot of money, time willingness to work with a good vet, and the list goes on. ChamEo_Org Best of luck.

Will do!! Thank you for the feed back!!:D

Back
Top Bottom