Starting new Roach colony advice.

I like banana roaches because they don't look like roaches! They just look like little leaf insects
I know!! Pretty too in my opinion, I was considering them, but my wife would freak out if she see them fly! It would take good amount of convincing? maybe I could try haha

I know!! Pretty too in my opinion, I was considering them, but my wife would freak out if she see them fly! It would take good amount of convincing? maybe I could try haha
do they fly?

edit: I just looked it up and it looks like they can!

Agreed. Roaches have the ability to store uric acid in large amounts. It's a survival technique of there's. Downside is, it turns them into uric acid bombs if they're fed excessive protein.
FOR BREEDING YOU KINDA HAVE TO GIVE PROTEIN RIGHT ? THEN SORT THEM OUT AND ONLY FEED FRUITS AND VEGGIES FOR A WHILE . I WENT A WHILE ONLY OFFERING MY DUBIA COLONY FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND I NOTICE THEY SLOWED DOWN A BIT IN BREEDING .. ONCE I STARED TO OFFER THE BSFL FISH FOOD MY NUMBERS WENT UP AGAIN .... I COULD BE TRIPPIN THO .

FOR BREEDING YOU KINDA HAVE TO GIVE PROTEIN RIGHT ? THEN SORT THEM OUT AND ONLY FEED FRUITS AND VEGGIES FOR A WHILE . I WENT A WHILE ONLY OFFERING MY DUBIA COLONY FRUITS AND VEGGIES AND I NOTICE THEY SLOWED DOWN A BIT IN BREEDING .. ONCE I STARED TO OFFER THE BSFL FISH FOOD MY NUMBERS WENT UP AGAIN .... I COULD BE TRIPPIN THO .

Yeah they do need some protein, I like to just use vegetarian sources as they're not as densely packed with protein. Things like seeds, oats, bee pollen, grains, etc.

The nymphs don't climb or fly. The adults can, but rarely do IME

Yeah they do need some protein, I like to just use vegetarian sources as they're not as densely packed with protein. Things like seeds, oats, bee pollen, grains, etc.
ALSO I WAS WATCHING SOME VIDS ON YOUTUBE AND THIS DUDE HAS MASSIVE COLONIES AND HE OFFERS CALCIUM POWDER AND CUDDLE BONE ... IS THIS A MUST ?? I DONT THINK IV EVER GIVEN MINE CAL .

I have my breeding colony that I feed crushed oats, wheat bran, oranges, and carrots to. I usually grab a few 1/4" nymphs that hitch a ride when I swap out the leftover orange peel after they are done eating it. I put in a half of an orange so it makes a nice little bowl that they will sit in the bottom of. I then have a separate container that I raise them on the normal gut load that I feed to my chameleon when they reach around 1 1/2"-2" in size

At my local feed mill I paid $9 for a 50# bag of crushed oats and $6 for a 50# bag of wheat bran.

Back
Top Bottom