Stands for plants?

Bschucher

Established Member
Setting up larger cage for Cham. I got a nice money tree and Sheff. Issue is they aren't tall enough yet. I know I can do an upside pot of same size but I'm trying to find something that water won't stay under. Something open. I feel like I recall someone mentioned some kind of wire rack thing from bed bath beyond. Any thoughts? Thanks

I have dragon ledges in there and I intend to hang many pothos pots in there.. This is more for a big plant / tree that I want to put in middle of cage.

I have dragon ledges in there and I intend to hang many pothos pots in there.. This is more for a big plant / tree that I want to put in middle of cage.
You can get another pot and put it upside down and place the other pot with the plant on top maybe?

Wait you said you didn’t want to do that sorry I think I know what you’re talking about though let me look

As noted in post, I'm aware of that method but I'd prefer something more open. Maybe some kind of wire rack??

As noted in post, I'm aware of that method but I'd prefer something more open. Maybe some kind of wire rack??
Do you mean like this but just one level?

Attachments

• 7C2E722F-ED0D-4418-BE93-CC828B19C43F.jpeg
    7C2E722F-ED0D-4418-BE93-CC828B19C43F.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 78
  • BF592C18-5444-46E2-A571-A472CC79D1AD.jpeg
    BF592C18-5444-46E2-A571-A472CC79D1AD.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 67
If was much smaller to fit in a 2x2x4 cage 😉
Yup but is that what you’re talking about? They sell them in various sizes I just put those. There’s 2 feet ones as well :) also just one rack not all three is what I was trying to say.
(I’m not recommending anything because personally I don’t use anything but I was just trying to figure out what you meant)

Last edited:
They make open-weave plastic baskets for pond plants; if green and upside down that would look better, and not hold water. Wouldn't use any sort of metal it will rust/toxic real fast.

If you have small plants get them closer to your plant light so they grow better and more consistent then move them down gradually . Yes you have trees 🌳 same dif

Setting up larger cage for Cham. I got a nice money tree and Sheff. Issue is they aren't tall enough yet. I know I can do an upside pot of same size but I'm trying to find something that water won't stay under. Something open. I feel like I recall someone mentioned some kind of wire rack thing from bed bath beyond. Any thoughts? Thanks
I use upside-down pots, but I have ceiling egg crate under the screen bottom of the enclosure. This allows any surplus water to drain though, yet provides plenty of support (distributed weight) for the plants—whether on upside-down pots or directly on the floor.

If you have a solid floor, you can cut up smaller pieces of egg crate to place under pots or upside-down pots. If water collects or stays in the egg crate cells, small openings can be cut or filed at the bottom of the webbing, or small wedges can be put under the egg crate on one side.

1612384603563.png

Last edited:
These work well and they are coated so no rusting. This one has a few options for sizes https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Design...s=Coated+Wire+Shelving&qid=1612385568&sr=8-11

Back
Top Bottom