Stand for my cage?

ryanra22

Hey everyone well exciting news, after a good amount of research and looking around I've decided to get my first chameleon!!

I'll be getting a male ambilobe from Bruce (who has been amazinglyyyy helpful) at chameleon paradise (one of candy canes offspring)

Anyways I'm in the process of setting up my enclosure and was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to find a cheap stand that I could place my enclosure on so the chameleon would be as high off the ground as possible. I was thinking home depot, but figured I'd ask you all

Woohoo another candy cane owner here!!
I just picked up a shelving unit from Walmart for $15 works great you can leave a little gap for drainage :)

Awesome! Good to know I was headed in the right direction.

Ya I am super excited!! Don't worry I'll be posting pics of my enclosure when I get it setup and of course the Cham when he gets here!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327090462.638863.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327090462.638863.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 103
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327090728.108529.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327090728.108529.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 114
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327090807.092119.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327090807.092119.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 150
depending on the size of your cage i would say go to a construction site and ask if u can get some scaps.
i am a carpenter so i get my woord for free and build my own cages and stands for everything buy mu turtles and frogs, they get the glass ones and premade pond.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/cage-2-a-74020/

and if its a small cage u can buy the wood and make the stand how u want

depending on the size of your cage i would say go to a construction site and ask if u can get some scaps.
i am a carpenter so i get my woord for free and build my own cages and stands for everything buy mu turtles and frogs, they get the glass ones and premade pond.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/cage-2-a-74020/

and if its a small cage u can buy the wood and make the stand how u want

Those are pretty awesome! Ya I was thinking I'd like to eventually try to build my own cage, but for now I've got the one from lllreptiles coming that's 16x16x30 that should last me a little while.

I never really considered building my own but that's not a bad idea I'll definitely check that out!

Hey midnight I was wondering if maybe you could suggest a build plan for me?

I'm not very savvy when it comes to carpentry. But basically I was thinking I should have the cage on some sort of stand (what I have now would only take the cage like 2.5ft off the ground (16x16x30 cage).

Just wondering if there's a specific type of wood and height I should be aiming for. Thanks!

EDIT: Also I picked up some flukers bending vine and just realized I don't really understand how to secure it up in the cage lol. What I mean is where exactly do you secure the ends of the vine so that it will stay up and not fall?

Hey midnight I was wondering if maybe you could suggest a build plan for me?

I'm not very savvy when it comes to carpentry. But basically I was thinking I should have the cage on some sort of stand (what I have now would only take the cage like 2.5ft off the ground (16x16x30 cage).

Just wondering if there's a specific type of wood and height I should be aiming for. Thanks!

EDIT: Also I picked up some flukers bending vine and just realized I don't really understand how to secure it up in the cage lol. What I mean is where exactly do you secure the ends of the vine so that it will stay up and not fall?

if its a glas cage get suction cups and tie them to it. if its screen u can use wire from a craft store or the garden section of a store to tie ti to the side of the screen.
since i have a wood cage i use coffee up hangers on the inside.
or u could use long sticks on the side and wrap the vine around.
also if its a screen cage u can get a stick to go from side to side and use pushpins from the outside to hold them in place instead of leaning sticks from the bottom to the top.

u want the cage as high as u can get it or at least have the top of the cage above head level so ur cham can look down on u.
with that small of a cage u could put it on a dresser or desk or bookshelf.
u could also get a wallmount bookshelf usint to put it how ever high u want it.

what works for 1 person might not work for another. it mostly depends on the space u have and how much trafic will be in the same room.
if there isnt a lot of trafic or a cat/ dog that will be in there the one u have should be fine.
my first stand for my 2nd cage (non wood) was only 2 feet off the ground but i was gone 18 hours a day so it was fine.

some pics would help. hope my randomness helps

Thanks a lot that is really helpful! I'm gonna go to Lowes today and see what they've got and talk to them about maybe building my own stand.

I live alone in a 1 bedroom apartment with no other animals. The chameleon will be in the corner of my bedroom so very little traffic in and out. I just didn't know how important it would be for the chameleon to be eye level or above with me when I'm in and out with feeding, cleaning, etc.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom