Squeaky baby, help!

Fkraatz

Ok, guys, I'm so scared! My 3 month old veil seemed to have an awful day yesterday with hardly eating anything and started squeaking. I got him 4 days ago and the first night he squeaked a tiny bit, then a full day later it went away. Now in the last 12 hours he has started to squeak and open his mouth real big. It's 4:40 in the morning right now and he doesn't seem to be sleeping much at all. I tried leaving his basking light on to keep him warm because it can get pretty cold in my room. (I either leave my heater on and it gets to about 85 and I can't sleep at all or I don't turn my heater on and it drops to about 65.) This time I left my heater off but kept his basking light on to keep his area warmer (I read on here that you could do that if struggling with keeping it the right temp) and he seemed to be doing fine and fell asleep. Then he woke up and started squeaking. I'm so stressed that he is gonna die before I can get him to the vet in the morning that I too am not sleeping. I'm doing the best that I can but this is causing so much stress that it's keeping me up through the night. Does anyone have any advice/words of encouragement? I'm guessing he has a RI and I will take him to the vet ASAP tomorrow.

Yes, get him to a vet ASAP

In the mean time, there should no lights at night. There should be 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. If it gets too cold, use a ceramic heat emitter instead.

As said, turn the lights off at night... unless your house gets to 50 degrees don't worry about it. I know starting out with reptiles we like to think, heat heat heat, but they can handle cooler temperatures. It is a natural part of their life to go from hot to cool at night.

Back
Top Bottom