Spread of illness?

I recently had a wild caught adult carpet pass away quite quickly after receiving him (3weeks). I noticed a few small bumps appear on his body and 5 days later he passed away. The last day or 2 of his life his eyes sunk in a bit despite eating and drinking and then on night he passed away. Care was exactly the same as my captive bred female who is still doing great. I was wondering if there is a possibility of some illness still being present in the bioactive enclosure he was in and if I shouldn't put another reptile in the same enclosure.

Theres always a possibility. I would focus on the soil mainly. Repot and wash plants down in shower. I would then spray enclosure down with a bleach water solution 1 to 10. Branches and everything. Then sit outside and let dry a week or so. The sun would be best as uv kills bacteria. Hope this helps. I would always advise to stay on the safe side.
It might even be easier and even safer to replace the plants(If you can afford new plants or like myself have hundreds laying around)!

Yes he was wild caught, only photo I have isnt too good but I'll post it anyway. The biggest bump was on his left eye and it was even larger by the time of his passing. It was approx. 4 days from the first bump until his passing. Also the white in the bump is a bit of stuck shed the other bumps were also kind of white ish though but much smaller

Attachments

• IMG20220808180640.jpg
    IMG20220808180640.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG20220808180638.jpg
    IMG20220808180638.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 56
I'm not a vet. A necropsy might tell you what it is so you'd know what to do about the cleaning.
Could be papilloma or maybe CANV or a number of other things. We can only guess.

Back
Top Bottom